Wednesday, May 8, 2013


Page of Pentacles reversed/Six of Swords.  The Page of Pentacles (Aries, “I want,” assertive, action oriented, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual) in an upright position is down-to-earth and responsible, and a listener and a learner. The Page of Pentacles loves to learn new things and have new experiences, but he also loves to also be a catalyst for change in the physical world, change for everyone.   Today, however, these skills might end up being bogged down by the weight of the suit, or maybe a tendency to not think out of the box. The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective).  What this card is reminding me is that in order to move towards a better place, I may need to surrender what no longer works for me.  This involves a bit of Will, both to release what I don’t need to carry any more (something my Page may attempt to prevent), and to take that next first step toward learning something new (which could be the carrot on the end of the stick for my Page).

My Thoth card is the Princess of Swords.  Well, this one matches well with the Six of Swords above.  The Princess/Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) tells us to use our mind and intellect to analyze our situations as well as our emotions and feelings.  The Thoth Princess holds her Sword in the same way that the Queen of Swords does, point down, which hints at a defensive posture rather than an offensive one, which makes sense when we consider the feminine energies of this Earth of Air card.  I should remember, however, that my intellect just might be on a “reactive” mode today.

My Legacy card is The Sun reversed, flavored by the Nine of Wands.  **gulp**  The Sun corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), our Sun (the inner core of a person or situation), Resh (the face; reason), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest in the physical world) and Hod (provides analysis and communication), and in an upright position tells of a time of enlightenment and peace that comes after the completion of some ordeal.  Looks like my ordeal is not quite over yet, and this seems to be validated by the other cards in my spread today. The Nine of Wands (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells us to prepare for the worst, but to wait before being aggressive.  This card is about the kind of strength we need to overcome challenges, and I need to remember that even when it does not seem so, I have this strength.  I love Crowley’s mantra regarding this card: change brings stability, and stability needs change in order to continue.  Perhaps if I keep this in mind today, I will be able to advance toward the promise of The Sun, which is reversed yet still present.

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a conscious and deliberate response to the pause and beginning of degeneration of the number 7, in order to preserve for a bit longer the harmony and balance of the number 6.  Okay, with today’s cards, this makes sense!

My horoscopes: “Uncomfortable intuitive impressions from someone close might be troubling, Sagittarius. Is your friend ill or bothered by events out of his or her control? Your friend probably won't want to talk much about it, so you will just have to let them tell you what's going on when the time is right. This could be frustrating for you, but be patient. That's all you can do now.

And: “A party that takes place in your neighborhood, may end up being more than a simple social event. A group of people committed to a particular end could decide to give structure to their goal and actively work together toward reaching it. You and a romantic partner might decide to join with these people and do your part. This may be one small candle that helps light up the world.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Ten of Pentacles.  This card shows up often for me, and I like that it is here today.  The Shadowscapes Ten of Pentacles reminds me that there is a huge benefit from using tried-and-true methods; following a long-term and proven-successful plan to its end and honoring the cultures and traditions and teachings that have created that plan is a valuable and effective method.  Today, I’ve reached an advantageous situation because I’ve stuck to it.  Tomorrow is a new day, with new challenges, but I’m ready for them

I am busy today, working for The Hubs, and working on my YTT homework.  As I toil, I am listening to some great kirtan music being offered by two very talented friends of mine, Beth Ann and Tara.  Their website can be found here: http://bethannandtara.com; just click on the “Come Listen!” link, and you will come to the page with the great music!

Time for another Wild Unknown card: this time, another Three.  The Three of Pentacles.  This card shows a huge mountain.  The viewpoint is from the beginning of the foothills at the base of the mountain, and in the foreground are three Pentacles, each colored for the other elements, red for Fire, blue for Water and yellow for Air.  This one is pretty easy to interpret.  That mountain represents a task of some kind, probably connected in some way to the element of Earth and the suit of Pentacles.  Perhaps the task is directly connected to the physical world, or perhaps the task seems so challenging that it is as heavy as a mountain, or as difficult to conquer.  The three Pentacles are connected by their own colors, and by a combination of their colors.  The red Pentacle and blue Pentacle are connected by purple, the blue Pentacle and the yellow Pentacle are connected by green, and the yellow Pentacle and the red Pentacle are connected by orange; a clear message: working together will create useful results.  Also, the three Pentacles are set up in the shape of a triangle, point down, a symbol of the Womb and thus, of potential and fertility.  Working together will create useful and fertile results, and allow us all to climb that mountain and see the world from its summit!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment