Saturday, May 18, 2013


Knight of Wands/Two of Cups reversed.  The Knight of Wands (cusp of Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep, obsessive, and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) usually represents a person of passion, courage, enthusiasm and boundless energy; most definitely not background-type efforts.  The Knight of Wands is a warrior who is confident enough and passionate enough to jump into the fray and protect what he thinks is important, and he is telling me that this style might work for me today.  The Two of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, family and home oriented, tenacious, moody) tells of about love and connections, usually having to do with feelings, relationships and commonalities.  My Two of Cups is reversed, and in a way it is validating the fiery Knight, encouraging me to not think about my connections to others but rather, to focus on boldly stepping forward and seeking excitement.  Um . . . are you sure?

My Thoth card is the Eight of Wands.  “Swiftness” is Uncle Al’s keyword for this card.  The Eight of Wands (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) is a card of action, of quick developments, and of pulling it all together so things can be completed.  Oh boy, more action!  Crowley equates the energy of this card to electricity, and that is a great metaphor.

My Legacy card is the Knight of Swords reversed, flavored by the Four of Coins.  The Knight of Swords (the cusp of Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, intelligent) is outspoken, assured, alert, and logical, as well as rude, domineering, critical and sarcastic.  My Knight is reversed today, and this could be a red flag, especially when I consider the other cards I threw.  This Knight has his own unique version of perfection, and any lack of tolerance of the opinions of others today could cause some discomfort.  Yep, I might feel I’m right anyway.  That thought is validated by my Four of Coins, the card flavoring my reversed Knight of Swords.  The Four of Coins (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation or the deepest self, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, authority, caution cunning) tells of very solid foundations and an awareness of the value of our possessions.  This card tells of a resistance to change, as well as a need for predictability.  Imposing this kind of need for having things my own way onto my day and mixing in the critical attitude of the reversed Knight could be not so good. Forewarned is forearmed!

My 6-digit date number is 9, the number that tells of the completeness of manifestation or effect.

My horoscopes: “Your psychic abilities and imagination are operating at a very high level, Sagittarius. You face other people with a profound, spiritual love. They will return it! You might want to write down your thoughts or draw pictures of whatever pops into your mind, even if you don't feel you have talent. It's more important to keep a record for you than set things down for posterity.

And: “As a natural athlete, you like to exercise, but today might be a good day to take it easy. You could be feeling a bit lethargic; too much action could lead to injury. Try a less demanding form of activity like yoga or Tai Chi. Your usual enjoyment of learning may also be on hold, as you can't seem to focus your mind. Relax with a video - perhaps a thriller or romantic comedy. It's OK to do this once in a while.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Six of Cups.  A beautiful image for a beautiful card.  This one is about simple pleasures and bright joys and innocent fun, and about good times with good friends. 

I am busy tonight, preparing for tomorrow’s YTT Intensive 3.  Soooo much information to learn!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment