Sunday, May 12, 2013


Transparent Oracle Sunday!

40, Elemental: Gnome (North).  North is the direction of Earth, and thus of the physical or physically formed or manifested world, and of nurturing, health, finances and security, and the wisdom associated with living simply, being well-grounded, and being in touch with our physical body.  The Gnome is about hard work, strength and patience; Gnome is the guardian of the Earth who meets each responsibility fully and completely; he may appear serious, but he is capable of some mischief.  And woe is the person who damages what he guards!

36, Guide: Bear (North).  The element of Earth is stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change; its dignities are cold/binds and dry/shapes. Bear is about protection and hibernation, power, shelter and instincts.  Mother bears are fierce, yet gentle, and that is the message of this card.  I am being told by Bear that I should protect and nurture myself, but I should also make use of what I’ve learned to not only connect with my own instincts, but also to nurture and guide others.

50, Polarity: White Dragon (Above). The direction of Above takes us up and out of the four traditional elements of Air, Fire, Water and Earth, and reminds us that we are but a small part of the Cosmos.  Above also reminds us that while the Machinery of the Universe is huge, it does have an effect on each of us, and each of us is an important part of the workings of that Machinery.  The White Dragon represents masculine, dispassionate, celestial energies that come into us and into our world from “Above.”  If you see the solar system and the universe as being alive, and as being filled with the manifestations of the Sacred Essences that are the source of life and awareness, then these energies are very important.  We are the Microcosm, after all, and these energies are from the polar opposite, the Macrocosm . . . filled with information, knowledge and wisdom.

I then stacked my cards and created my mandala.  This one is strange.  I get the sense of lots of action as well as a sense of permanence, as if the Gnomes were standing stones and the White Dragon was circling around the sleeping Bears, both striving to protect the Bears and prevent them from being disturbed.  The Gnomes are looking right at me, and I am reminded of my experience just before my last session of Shadow Work and the words, “You shall not pass!”  The White Dragon watches as well, but he is more mobile, more ready to take action.    Being protected and well-grounded are all good things, and connecting to the knowledge, information and wisdom of the physical world is important for a physical being.  However, if I focus too much I might miss the forest for the trees.  Aha! Moments don’t knock on the door to let us know they are there.  They slide under the door and wait quietly in a corner for us to notice them; and if we don’t see them, we miss them!

Last night finished off with a lovely rainbow as the sun was preparing to set.  Today, I spent the day out in the sunshine, working in my beloved garden.  My privets are trimmed nicely, and the grass is cut.  There are blossoms on the clematis, and the rest of the camellia blooms have opened.  Columbine and lunaria are sprinkled everywhere, and there are buds on the iris.  Wild hyacinth and lilies of the valley, and even one rose blossom has opened; rose buds are everywhere, and will be blooming soon.  My wisteria has blossoms!! 

Plus, the robin who successfully raised four young’uns returned and is sitting on her nest in the wisteria.  She is well-hidden, but somehow a raven found her and has been harassing her all day.  I chased him away twice, but I won’t be here all week to look after them.  Survival of the fittest is the rule of the day, but I will keep my fingers crossed that she will be okay.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment