Wednesday, May 22, 2013


Page of Swords reversed/Page of Cups.  Clear message, that!  The Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) in an upright position tells us to use our mind and intellect to analyze our situations as well as our emotions and feelings.  This card tells me to be a bit protective of myself, and perhaps defensive of thoughts and beliefs.  However, my Page of Swords is reversed so perhaps I need to guide against paranoia.  Plots may seem to be everywhere, and this could be a dangerous distraction.  The Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) is a card of soft and tender energies and of getting fulfillment through connections to others.  My connections to others are important today (although my reversed Page of Swords might agree for different reasons), and my Inner Voice just might have some important insight to offer.  Love may be more important than defense, but I do need to remember that the love brought into play by the Page of Cups is somewhat immature.  Is that good or bad?

My Thoth card is The Universe.  Wow!!  The Universe/World, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, stable and practical energy that is slow to change), Saturn (discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance), Thav (mark or sign), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world) is a card of integration and involvement and understanding, a crystallization of the entire issue at hand.  Crowley sees The Universe as a representation of the completion of the Great Work of alchemy.  The cool thing is that within the symbolism of completion that is The Universe are symbols of the fertility of the Sacred Feminine and the catalyst of the Sacred Masculine; a new beginning!

My Legacy card is Faith reversed, flavored by the Four of Wands.  Faith/The Hierophant corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes), Taurus (“I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn), Vau (the nail which holds tradition in place), and the Path between Chesed (the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured), and Chokmah (dynamic male energy, the origin of vital force and polarity).  This card is an archetype of Spirit (with The Emperor as archetype of the Sacred Masculine, The Empress as archetype of the Sacred Feminine, and all three representing the supernal triad) that reminds us of the value of tradition, ritual and ceremony.  The Hierophant can be said to be the keeper of tradition, and the teacher of culture. We can also say that his purpose is also to convince others of the value of the tradition and culture he guards. My Faith/Hierophant is reversed today, and it is suggesting that identification with the group may not lead to success.  Sometime we need to boldly go where no man has gone before.  The Four of Wands (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, enthusiastic), which is flavoring my reversed Faith card,  is about building enough to become established, about the results of harmony and effort and creativity combined. The foundation that has been created is solid and tangible, and it should allow us to more easily visualize our goals, and if we are lucky, actually see them beginning to manifest in the physical world.  The goals being manifested may not be connected with any particular tradition or culture, even if my intention in the beginning was for them to be so connected.  Branch out!

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability.

My horoscopes: “There are some wonderful surprises in store for you, Sagittarius. They could come in the form of a new career opportunity or potential dates. With the current planetary aspects, you can avail yourself of the best ways to find personal and professional fulfillment. Don't hesitate to be original. That quality will trump everything else!

And: “You are good at justifying things in order to make yourself feel better about certain events and emotional difficulties. Just make sure that you are not doing yourself a disservice by doing so. It could be that you are trying to cover up the very emotions that could actually help you. Above all, you need to be honest with yourself, or else you may end up getting yourself in a bigger emotional pickle than you started out in.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Nine of Cups.  This card has been showing up a lot lately in my daily throws, and not just with the Shadowscapes Tarot.  I love the image on the Shadowscapes interpretation of this card.  This card is about the pleasure of the senses, about satisfaction, and about our wishes being right there, at our fingertips.  We just have to reach out for them.

Finally, I have some time to look at my next Wild Unknown card: The Fool.  This lovely interpretation of The Fool shows a duckling, all fluffy with no feathers, standing on a tree branch (what looks like a flowering cherry) in Spring at dawn, preparing to take a step off the branch, even though he does not have a single fledged feather.  There is such a sweet, innocent, foolish yet extremely potent energy about this image.  Can the duckling manage this?  All the laws of physics say no, but somehow, if I were to wager, I would place my money on the duckling.  He obviously believes he can step off the flowering branch into the dawn’s light and survive, and who am I to doubt that belief?  Needless to say, there is a warning here, too.  If we choose to discard the potential for injury that comes along with our actions in the name of optimism, we had better remember that we could be setting ourselves up for a huge fall.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment