Saturday, May 11, 2013


The Horned One reversed/Eight of Wands. Wow, I had these two just recently, but with the Eight of Wands reversed instead of The Horned One.  The Horned One/The Devil (Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Capricorn (“I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning), Ayin (the eye, senses), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Tipareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) tells of being caught up in the physical world and the effects of the physical senses, to the point of being bound or addicted to those things. Today I will need to be a bit cautious because the call of the wild and primal world of Nature may distract me from doing what I need to do. The Eight of Wands (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) is a card of action, of quick developments, and of pulling it all together so things can be completed.  Perfect!  The clarifying intensity of the gust of energy of the Eight of Wands will be just the ticket today.  Fire is a part of Nature, too, and Fire can burn away the chains and transform me!!

My Thoth card is the Nine of Swords reversed.  “Cruelty” today, but reversed. The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) in an upright position represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  Looks like the workings of my power to analyze and impose logic onto a situation won’t be too beneficial today.  As long as I don’t allow myself to fall into one of those self-destructive loops, I should be fine.

My Legacy card is the Six of Swords reversed, flavored by another Eight of Wands!  Hang onto your hat, folks! The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective).  My Six is reversed, however, so healing won’t be needed today, and I am already at that “better place.”  With this card being flavored by the eruption of energy that is the Eight of Wands, nothing can stop me today!  I should be able to accomplish a lot, and maybe even finish some things!

My 6-digit date number is 11 (and on the 11th day of the month!), a number with personal significance for me, which reduces further to 2, the number of balance, polarity, and the energy of “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “Don't hesitate to say the obvious today, Sagittarius, even if it sounds corny. Many times people hesitate to say what they really feel because they think it's obvious to everyone. The truth of the matter is that most people aren't mind readers and probably aren't picking up on the subtle signals that you send out. Help them by speaking frankly.

And: “If one of your goals has been to become more active and involved in community issues, then today is your chance. It is likely that you will be invited to join a volunteer group of some sort. Your particular skill set is sorely needed. While you may be reluctant at first and shy away from the time commitment, you will find that once you begin to participate that you very much get caught up in the cause.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Page of Cups.  This lovely Page is telling me that today is a day for looking within; deep and calm and fulfilling breaths will allow me to shut out the hustle and bustle of the world around me, so that I can hear the softer and more powerful Voice within me.  Light a candle, tune into the senses, and enter the world within . . . and dream!

It has been a rainy morning, but I am loving the Spring growth all around me, so I am fine with the rain.  I am focusing today on both my YTT homework and my Third Degree Lesson 9 homework.  Actually, they are similar in focus and they support each other nicely.   My Lesson 9 is focused on healing, and my YTT lessons are offering a method for healing.  I think the most important thing I am learning so far is two-fold: we are each responsible for our own healing, and offering healing to others is a give-and-take situation, with huge responsibility. 

My next Wild Unknown card: The Four of Wands.  There are subtle yet powerful differences between this card and the Three of Wands.  The Three give us a glimpse of a possible manifestation, swirling with fertile possibilities, through a small portal; the Four of Wands has enlarged and supported that portal so that it is a permanent structure.  The foundation has been created, and it is solid.  Now, we can not only more easily visualize the goals of the future, but we can also actually see them beginning to manifest in the physical world.  The work we have done so far is acting as a lense, focusing our vision and supporting our efforts.  A cause to celebrate!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment