Wednesday, November 28, 2012


The Moon/Four of Swords reversed. The Moon corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same), Pisces (“I believe,” feeling, suffering, soul growth, duality), Qof (the back of the head), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), is about feelings and emotions and instincts and the subconscious.  The thing that makes The Moon so uncomfortable is that often we have trouble discerning the source of the message of this card.  That just makes us uncomfortable; the unknown always does that to us.  Our imagination can be our friend when we use it to think out of the box in order to be creative, but at 3 am, our imagination is often not our friend.  The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) in an upright position can represent a pause or truce or mutual deterrent, a time of silence and isolation, and a time of being cut off from the world yet still alert.  Because the card is reversed, I am being told that there will be lots going on today and I should be a bit careful that I don’t overdo it. 

My Thoth card is the Seven of Cups.  “Debauch” is the keyword for this card. The Seven of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, obsessive, mysterious) represents the distraction, sensory overload and dissipation that can happen when we are presented with too many enticing choices. The traditional image of the Seven of Cups shows seven cups, each filled with what appears to be a wonderful gift: the Wreath (Saturn and The World); the Castle (Mars and The Tower), the Woman (Venus and The Empress); the Snake (Mercury and The Magician); the Veil (the Moon and The High Priestess), the Jewels (Jupiter and The Wheel of Fortune), and the Dragon (our Sun and The Sun).  All are enticing, but each possibility contains a hidden danger.  Crowley sees this card as representing a tendency to sink into the mire of false pleasure, usually with a complete disregard for my own safety.  There is nothing active about this card; the number 7 tells of a pause or slowdown, and the suit of Cups represents water, which seeks the lowest spot to pool and collect.

My Legacy card is the Two of Coins, flavored by Strength reversed.  Hmmm . . . The Two of Coins (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning) reminds me that everything always ebbs and flows, and I need to do the same.  My physical world needs a bit of juggling today, and I will need to adapt quickly.  The Strength card (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic energy; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical; Teth, sieve or basket, digestion; and the Path between Geburah, the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed, and Chesed, the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured) is about having the strength and the patience to endure and focus, however it is not about brute physical force.  Today my Strength card is reversed, and it is hinting at weariness, an inability to focus, or maybe even illness.  My reversed Strength card is flavoring the Two of Coins, and I guess I had better look for the humor in any situation that arises today, because while I may be expected to juggle, I might have a bit of trouble keeping my eye on the balls.

My Pearls of Wisdom Full Moon card is The World reversed. The Universe/World, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, stable and practical energy that is slow to change), Saturn (discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance), Thav (mark or sign), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world); it is a card of integration and involvement and understanding, a crystallization of the entire issue at hand.  My World card is reversed, and perhaps I will have trouble tapping into all that integration and involvement and understanding.  But, it is there!  Even if it is reversed, and the energies are not connecting.  Yet.

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.

My horoscopes: “A friend or family member is slowly poisoning your relationship, Sagittarius. A misunderstanding between the two of you will ultimately prove beneficial in the long run. Why? It makes you realize how uncomfortable you are with vague, ill-defined relationships. Today would be a good day to write a letter to the person in question. You're likely to find the results gratifying

And: “Imagine yourself as part of a magnificent choir today. Your role is to sing beautifully and melodically but yet you must be aware of the voices around you. Make sure you are not drowning anyone else out with your song. Make sure to keep yourself well integrated into the events of the day. Don't try to become overbearing but at the same time, make sure that your voice is indeed being heard.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding Judgement. The concept of “judgment” is presented in an optimistic way, as an evaluation “to recognize and to appraise with an unbiased mind and honesty to oneself.”  Judgement performs the same service as The Tower (its energies clear the way, presenting opportunity for new or further growth), however this card offers us a bit more control.  We can choose to access its energies, or we can fight them.  However, fighting them might kick us right back to that Tower and its chaotic destruction.  Better to check the bill for accuracy and fairness, and then pay it.

Really??  I can’t be coming down with bronchitis.  Can I??  Damn.  I can’t believe this.  I’ve got a fever; I guess I’m not imagining this.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment