Saturday, November 24, 2012


I am away from home, celebrating Thanksgiving with good friends, and I only had room to pack one Tarot deck, so I will be throwing three cards from my Legacy Tarot until I get back home.  My cards for today are:

Seven of Coins. The Seven of Coins (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, law and order, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) tells of pauses and choices and assessments within the physical world. This pause can bring rewards, but it can also bring a direction change if I determine that things are not going as I want them to go.  I need to remember that pausing is always dangerous when dealing with a Coins card, but for today, the day after the pig-out day of Thanksgiving, a bit of a pause is okay.  But only after going for a 2+ mile walk, and then doing my Yoga!

Four of Swords. The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) can represent a pause or truce, a time of silence and isolation, and a time of being cut off from the world yet still alert.  Another card that tells of a pause!  This is not a pause of assessment, though; rather it is a kind of “mutual deterrent.” 

Six of Cups. The Six of Cups (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, compulsive, deep, obsessive), is a card of innocence, emotional balance and harmony.  This card reminds me that whenever I have difficulty with justice or morality, the best way to find an answer is to simply assume innocence (but not unrealistically), and to apply love to the equation.  I like this card, and it reminds me that there is nothing wrong with innocent joy and sweet companionship, and a bit of light-hearted play. 

My horoscopes: “This is the end of the first stage in your "socialization," Sagittarius. Are you satisfied with the people you've met? You can usually make the most out of these encounters, but did your political savvy let you down? Did it lead you in directions you didn't want to go? Take advantage of this pause to catch your breath and figure out where you are today and where you want to be tomorrow.

And: “Come out and play today. Escape your work mode and have fun. Drive to someplace new, and take a long walk outside with friends. You have a great deal of energy to add to the group, so share your enthusiasm with others. There is an exciting buzz in the air that you should connect with and contribute to. Take a break from the mundane and have an adventure.

What a had a smooth trip we had!  No worries at all, and we arrived in time to relax and to help with the dinner preparations.  We ate too much, but isn’t that what Thanksgiving is for?  I also had my red velvet cake fix; LOL they do make red velvet cake in the North, but there is just something missing.

Yesterday, I got up and went for a nice walk, hopefully working off some of that cake, and we watched a few movies.  Traditionally, this day after Thanksgiving is a “pj day” and this year was no exception.  I had a bit of an internet glitch, but that was fixed too.  And the sun was shining!

Today is my Solar Return (another term for Birthday), my 58th Solar Return.  I don’t feel 58, but I guess I am.  Life is good, and with each year I become more serene, more happy, and convinced that while I may not have a lot of money, I am surrounded by many, many blessings.  I don’t know what tomorrow will bring, but for today, I am going to follow the advice of my cards.  I am going to think about my life and my accomplishments, I am going to appreciate the skills and talents and powers that I was lucky enough to be born with and that I have honed through my life, and I am going to view the world through the simple joy and expectation of good things of a child.  Sounds like a great Birthday plan!

$>

2 comments: