Thursday, November 1, 2012


Three of Wands reversed/Six of Wands. The Three of Wands (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and personal power, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive) tells of being successfully established after some effort expended.  My Three of Wands is reversed, so I am being told again that it is not yet time to start something new.  It is more important for me to look at what I’ve already accomplished, and to solidify those accomplishments.  The Six of Wands (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, noble, authoritative) expresses the celebration we feel when we have passed some test or successfully met a challenge.  Now what could this mean?  **grin**  This card, which focuses on what is already accomplished, is clarifying and validating that reversed Three of Wands.

My Thoth card is the Seven of Wands reversed.  “Valour” is the keyword for this card. The Seven of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, natural leader, egotistical, selfish) reminds me that my own judgment is worth relying on, and if I apply my own Will to the situation, things will turn out as I visualize them.  This card reminds us that natural momentum does not continue for ever, and it might be best to add our own push before things begin to slow down.

My Legacy card is The Hanging Man, flavored by The Sun reversed.  Okay, then. The Hanging Man corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and emotional, sensitive and imaginative energy that tends to move deep, and attempts to take the same path as in the past), Neptune (inspiration, spirituality, magick, enchantment, dreams, altered states), and the Hebrew letter Mem (water, stability and balance, the reflective quality of thought); this card is about surrender, about seeing things in a new way, and about putting aside my Will.  And yep, that is exactly the opportunity that is being offered to me right now.  I am being told that I need to embrace the discomfort, to tap into it and open myself to it.  The Sun corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), our Sun (the inner core of a person or situation), Resh (the face; reason), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest in the physical world) and Hod (provides analysis and communication) in an upright position tells of a time of enlightenment and peace, but it makes perfect sense to me that this card is reversed now, and flavoring my Hanging Man.  Enlightenment is our goal, but often we can’t find our way to the light until we learn how to exist without it.  This is why my Sun is reversed.  Clear message, eh?

I did not throw a Samhain card, and since I still don’t have my Pearls of Wisdom Tarot, I have thrown a Samhain card from the Hermetic Tarot.  My card is the Six of Swords.  Awesome! The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective).  The keywords for the Hermetic Tarot Six of Swords are success after anxiety or trouble, labor, dominion, and the one possible danger, conceit.  I need to bring this attitude (except for the conceit) forward with me, as I move into the dark half of the Wheel.

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.  Yessss!

My horoscopes: “As you take another step upward today, Sagittarius, you may realize that there's a large part of the mountain you hadn't accounted for before. Perhaps this steep portion of the climb wasn't visible from below when you started the trip. Don't panic. By overreacting to the unknown, you may lose your balance and go sliding down the face of the mountain. Collect yourself, rest, and plan your strategy one step at a time.

And: “Don't let your emotions get the better of you today. If you can harness them, you will have the vital force of ten people! You can be invincible; you can do what ever you feel like doing, and no one can stop you! If you share this energy with others, they might end up feeling exactly like you: never better in your whole life!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Seven of Cups.  Wishes and dreams and the imagination can be bringers of pleasure, but if we allow what might be to distract us from what is here, now, we will miss out.  There is a precariousness inherent to having one’s head in the clouds.  This one is similar to the energies of The Fool, however The Fool is an Air card, and the clouds are his natural environment so he is better at finding his way around.  The Fool also has a connection to technology, which can be informing and grounding (you do need to plug in somewhere, after all).  Today, I may find that a tether is a good thing.

I spent the morning watching accounts of heroism, large and small, on television, with tears flowing down my cheeks.  From the picture of President Obama hugging a Jersey Shore resident, with Governor Christie by the President’s side, during their tour of the destruction yesterday, to the images of and interviews with people who are offering power and wifi connections to strangers.  My heart is filled with the most beautiful awe for our capability as a species for generosity, compassion and love. 

And then, a jolt of reality: a mud-slinging political commercial.  Why is it that humans can come together and create the most beautiful egregore, overflowing with ascended awareness, and then just abandon that egregore after a short amount of time and allow it to starve to death? 

I read somewhere recently (can’t remember where; my brain is a bit kerfluffled) that personal evolution is not always good for the serenity of the herd.  Maybe that is why it is so difficult to maintain the momentum of these moments of growth.  But damn it, serenity is not a viable option for the long term.  Uncle Al says change is stability, and stability needs change in order to be healthy.  I have been given an opportunity to change, to evolve, to ascend.  I have built momentum since Saturday, and the process has been uncomfortable and challenging.  Let’s see how long I can keep this transformation going, even though I am not able to even discern what or who I am changing into just yet.  Unsettling, in the least.

I decided to go for a bike ride to clear my head.  Today, I took Violet north, along New Jersey Avenue (one block in from Beach Drive).  I was able to bike to the northern end of New Jersey Avenue, but then I had to turn around.  I was unable to make the right turn that would take me to the top of Beach Drive, where I should have been able to make another right turn and then head south, along the ocean.  That northern terminus of Beach Drive was now a huge area of sand dunes, some taller than I am, reaching almost to New Jersey Avenue.  You could not tell that there was a road, or a sea wall, at all.  I’m not surprised in the least by this because for a long time during the storm the winds were coming out of the northeast, and that is the northeastern corner of Cape May along the ocean.  Now I know what Seaside looks like from the ground.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment