Wednesday, November 21, 2012


Two of Swords reversed/Eight of Swords. The Two of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) can represent a time of not looking or of shutting out the world.  My card is reversed, and perhaps I am being told that my emotions are as important as the intellect and my ability to analyze, and closing everything off and denying outside effects can slow things down. The Eight of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable talkative, dual) tells of a confused and restrictive response to obstacles.  This is another card talking about restrictions, but the restrictions represented by this card could be coming from the outside of me.  Sounds like a clear message.  

My Thoth card is the Two of Swords.  Bookends!  “Peace” is Uncle Al’s keyword for this card, which he sees as a sort of “be on your guard and keep yourself pure” kind of card.  This interpretation of the Two of Swords also tells of the possibility of a deception of some kind, perhaps being perpetuated while our focus is on defense. 

My Legacy card is The Devil, flavored by The Chariot reversed. Uh oh . . . warning! The Devil (Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Capricorn (“I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning), Ayin (the eye, senses), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Tipareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) tells of being caught up in the physical world and the effects of the physical senses, to the point of being bound or addicted to those things. The Chariot, which corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, emotional and imaginative energy that likes to stay the same or follow the same course), Cancer (“I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody), Cheth (the fence), and the Path between Geburah (the place where forms and structure are challenged or affirmed) and Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure), tells of having the control necessary to focus on goals, and to avoid distractions. My Chariot is reversed, and it is flavoring The Devil, and that is not good on Thanksgiving Eve.  Looks like I am going to need to be real careful this weekend, because I might have the tendency to overdo it.

More on my Bookends card, the Two of Swords. The Two of Swords represents an interesting kind of mental strength: the strength to willingly and consciously shut out the outside world.  This skill can be very useful, or it can be very damaging.   The message that tells us wrap our intellect around us like a protective blanket, so we don’t have to deal with outside influences may be a good one.  If we need a bit of a mental vacation, this intellectual security blanket might be just the ticket; after all, once we are warm and cozy, we can just drop it away and go back to business as normal.  But it is when we put that intellectual security blanket over our heads and refuse to see at all, rather than wrapping it around our shoulders, that problems could arise.  This card can also tell of strength achieved through the experience of some difficulty, strength enough to close out any outside influences for a bit.  Again, this can be either positive or negative; also, not being able to find the strength to achieve this can be a detriment, as can a refusal to deal with those difficult experiences. 

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a conscious and deliberate attempt to delay the degeneration of the number 7 in order to maintain for a bit longer the harmony of the number 6.

My horoscopes: “Lately, you've been nursing a feeling that your partner is inattentive. The tension has been building up and today, Sagittarius, you're likely to boil over with the rage that comes from one too many doubts and suspicions. The forecast for love is stormy, without a doubt. But making up after the quarrel promises to be lots of fun.

And: “Good news about money could have you going crazy with ideas about how to spend it - particularly with regard to the home. Maybe you need new furniture, or have been thinking about doing some painting or redecorating. This is a great time to do it, as long as you're careful and don't let your exuberance get the best of you. You don't want to have repaint, or take unwanted furniture back to the store!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Three of Cups.  This one is about friendship and companionship, about relying on others and having others rely on us, and about team spirit and enjoying the group.  Nice card to throw on the night before Thanksgiving!

I went to a powerful Yoga class this evening, and during Shavasana I had an interesting experience.  I was suddenly transported “somewhere else,” and I don’t know where I was.  I was laying on a metal table, covered in a white sheet from shoulders to calves, and I was surrounded by the brightest white light I have ever seen.  It actually hurt at first to open my eyes; and even after my eyes got used to the light, it was so white and so bright that I could not see where I was, or if anyone else was there.  I was just laying still, feeling quiet and calm, surrounded by bright light.  I’ve got to think about this.

I will be thinking about my blessings as I celebrate the holiday.  Happy Thanksgiving!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment