Tuesday, November 13, 2012


Eight of Cups/The Magician. The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) is a card of action, telling of an ending or a decline or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions. This card is telling me to look for deeper meanings in my life, and if it appears those deeper meanings are not to be found in my current place, then perhaps the time has come to move on.  The Magician corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick and animated energy which usually presents problems or challenges), Mercury (reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication), Beth (house; builder) and the Path between Binah (female, receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Kether (the source, limitless possibility).  The Magician, another card of action, takes his chosen action with confidence  He is skilled at using the tools at his disposal, he is willing to work hard to manifest his goals, and he has friends in high places, all useful.

My Thoth card is the Nine of Swords.  “Cruelty” is the keyword for the Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) which represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  No wonder Crowley calls this one “the agony of the mind”!  At the end of the day, I need to believe in what I choose to do, and I need to accept that I’ve made my choices after careful consideration.  No fault, no guilt; assigning either of these in situations where I can’t have an impact is a waste of time and energy.

My Legacy card is the Knight of Wands, flavored by the Seven of Wands reversed. The Knight of Wands (cusp of Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep, obsessive, and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) usually represents a person of passion, courage, enthusiasm and boundless energy.  He takes actions with courage (although sometimes he acts too quickly) and he loves situations that present excitement, and even a bit of danger. The Seven of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, natural leader, egotistical, selfish) in an upright position reminds me that my own judgment is worth relying on.  However, my Seven of Wands, which is flavoring my Knight of Wands, is reversed, and perhaps my reversed Seven is reigning in that Knight a bit.  There is nothing wrong with being courageous and agile, but apparently at least for today, rushing in blindly and assuming that courage and enthusiasm will be enough to bring a happy ending might not be a good choice. 

My Pearls of Wisdom New Moon card is the Two of Pentacles. The Two of Pentacles (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning) reminds me that everything always ebbs and flows.  This card, whether upright or reverse, is one of several cards in the Tarot that addresses balance, and my Two is one that is about dynamic balance (which is always moving, always changing, and in fact remains balanced because of movement and change).  This balance is supposed to happen between my physical world and my spiritual world, and this requires flexibility and skill!!

My 6-digit date number is 9, the number of peak power and completeness of manifestation or effect.

My horoscopes: “You may feel yourself slipping into a deeper understanding with a close friend or loved one, Sagittarius. Romantic situations are heating up, and you're slowly letting your inhibitions fade away so they're completely absent. You realize the exuberance and excitement that come when you come out of hiding and let your playful spirit charm the world. Put serious subjects aside and make time to have fun and be more social.

And: “You should be at your peak health wise. Physically, you're likely to be feeling strong and energetic, and likely to live to be 100! You're in both the physical and the mental space to accomplish wonders, so don't be surprised if today you do just that. This could bring you the promise of a brighter future in the creative, professional and financial domains. Enjoy it!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Queen of Wands. The Shadowscapes Queen of Wands is cheerful, calm and upbeat; she is comfortable being in the spotlight because she is confident that she has done what needs to be done and confident that she has the ability to handle whatever arises.

Crazy busy, but wonderful, weekend.  The Exit Zero Jazz Festival was this weekend, and we had a house full.  A good time was had by all.  Plus Veteran’s Day was this weekend.  Blessings and gratitude to all who are or have served this country.

Last night, I had a Reiki Share with Phillie and the Wayne Contingency.  I miss them all, and hope to see them soon.  I can’t believe the Solstice Salon is a month from this Thursday, and Thanksgiving is next week!!  Where the heck is the time going??

I’m back to scrambling to catch up.  Hopefully I will be able to get my inbox under control.  Then we can go back to working on Astrology.

New Moon Blessings!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment