Saturday, November 3, 2012


Six of Pentacles/Two of Cups reversed. The Six of Pentacles (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Taurus, “I have,” Sensual, cautious, stubborn) brings an awareness of resources to the situation, both those that I have and those that I don’t have.  The time has come for me to reconnect with my own resources, so that I can effectively use what I have, and perceive what I need. The Two of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, family and home oriented, tenacious, moody) in an upright position tells of about love and connections, usually having to do with feelings, relationships and commonalities.  These things just might end up being a distraction for me today.  I think I trust in my relationships enough to be able to focus on solitary pursuits, and perhaps that is how I should deal with my resources.

My Thoth card is the Four of Cups.  “Luxury” is Crowley’s keyword for this card. The Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody) tells us that too much pleasure deadens the senses.  However, sometimes self-absorption is necessary, at least for a little while.  Considering the messages of my first two cards, I might benefit from a pause that allows me to go within and reflect a bit.  I just will need to have a care that I don’t get lost; after all, pleasure ends up obscuring purity. 

My Legacy card is the Eight of Coins, flavored by Death reversed. The Eight of Coins (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) is about taking care of details, working hard, and studying or learning new things.  It looks like I’ve got the skills I need; now the time has come to use them, diligently and with focus.  My Eight of Coins is being flavored by the reversed Death card.  Death corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, imaginative energy that strives to stay the same or take the same course), Scorpio, Nun (fish head; liberation), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and tells of natural change that cannot be stopped.  My Death card, which is flavoring my Eight of Coins, is reversed.  This means that the process of ending is over, and the time has come to be reborn, to see things in a new way.  This is actually a great addition to the Eight of Coins!

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a conscious and deliberate response to the pause and beginning of the degeneration of the number 7, in order to maintain for a bit longer the balance and harmony of the number 6

My horoscopes: “There is irony in today's situation, Sagittarius. The only real remedy for situations like this is to accept them and joke about it. If you try to take yourself too seriously, especially when it comes to art or romance, you will inevitably fail. Your heart is sensual and your emotions profound. Bring yourself into balance by laughing instead of crying about the events of the day.

And: “This is bound to be an exciting day. Certainly it will be a busy one! You are likely in the mood to do something different today, as your sense of adventure is much heightened. Why not invite some friends to go out with you this afternoon? You could catch the local comedy act, or go rollerblading through the park. You're sure to enjoy the change of pace.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the King of Pentacles.  The Page of Pentacles of the Shadowscapes Tarot offers us the spark of possibility within the physical world; the King of Pentacles offers us possibility already manifested, pulsing with life and beginning to sprout.  This King is a shining example of what diligence and skill and a bit of luck can bring to us all, and the best thing is, he is willing and eager to share!

Since our power is not on yet at our Bergen County place, my Dahling came down to the Blue Moon House Thursday evening.  Company!  How nice it was on Friday morning to sit in front of the fireplace, sipping coffee and reading the newspapers with a warm body sitting next to me.  Even while we were silent, it felt good.  Bob and I went out for a bike ride in the afternoon, and then cooked a nice dinner.

Normalcy is returning.  This morning I drove to The Breadstand (wind gusts in the high 20’s means no biking; sorry Violet), and after getting a few loaves of Elizabeth’s bread, I drove to Sunset Beach.  I was going to walk up to Fader River, but it was high tide, and I may have needed to get wet in order to reach my goal and thenreturn to my car, so I decided to wait until tomorrow afternoon for that trip.  Instead, I think I will go for a nice walk.

Tomorrow is my favorite holiday of the year: Fall Back Day!  Finally, the external clocks will be in line with my own body clock. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment