Tuesday, November 20, 2012


Six of Wands reversed/Six of Pentacles reversed.  Hmmm . . . reversed Sixes.  The number 6 represents vertical and horizontal balance, but a reversed 6 could mean intensity of some kind rather than balance.  Or it could be telling of a strong ebbing of a foundational energy, which would also cause an issue. The upright Six of Wands (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, noble, authoritative) expresses the celebration we feel when we have passed some test or successfully met a challenge. This card focuses on what is already accomplished, and the pride we feel when we are victorious. The upright Six of Pentacles (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Taurus, “I have,” Sensual, cautious, stubborn) brings an awareness of resources to the situation, both those that I have and those that I don’t have.  These resources are not only physical; they can be knowledge, support, or power, too.  Both of these cards are reversed; does that mean it is going to be a bad day?  Not necessarily.  I may not be jumping up and down and laughing in triumph, but that does not mean I am a failure.  I may not be surrounded by rewards and bounty, but that does not mean I am out on the street and alone.  Some days we triumph, and some days we chop wood, carry water and do the dishes.  I am being reminded that even an ordinary day can be a gift.

My Thoth card is the Eight of Wands reversed.  “Swiftness” is the keyword for the upright Eight of Wands (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) which is a card of action, of quick developments, and of pulling it all together so things can be completed.  This card is also about recognizing that a cycle is over so it can be released.  Uncle Al sees this card as representing energy; light and electricity move quickly and allow us to communicate with each other.  Since my Eight of Wands is reversed, today action may not be that easily accomplished.  Perhaps some communication fiascos will be an issue?

My Legacy card is the King of Cups, flavored by the King of Coins.  Wow, two Kings! The King of Cups (cusp of Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, and Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling mysterious, obsessive) is the expert on emotions and the subconscious, mainly because of his life experiences.  He is a protector; he watches over, guards, and guides those around him with love and compassion. He shows us how to go with the flow, and how to effectively make use of the prevailing currents. But don’t make the mistake of assuming that his gentleness equates weakness! The King of Coins (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) is the expert on physical world manifestation of all kinds.  This King offers us possibility already manifested, pulsing with life and ready to grow and blossom  This King is a shining example of what diligence and skill and a bit of luck can bring to us all, and the best thing is, he is willing and eager to share!

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that tells of the pause that comes with the slowing of growth as degeneration approaches. 

My horoscopes: “Sagittarius, you're demystifying the concept of talent. You used to look enviously at other people and think, "I wish I had a natural ability like that." Now you understand that the person who aroused your envy with is just someone who had the self-confidence to go to work and refine and develop an aptitude. It's a matter of hard work, belief in oneself, and bravery in the face of risk. You can do it, too!

And: “It's going to seem like the basis of your social ambitions has taken a bit of a beating lately. The planetary energies should be giving you some new desires. They may be of a more modest nature but this doesn't mean that they won't be important. What motivates you professionally is going to be of healthier, less egotistical, nature. It will ultimately be a positive, more satisfying evolution.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Eight of Pentacles.  This one has been showing up a lot, eh?  It tells me that no matter what, diligence and an attention to detail are important, but so is the ability to enjoy even everyday tasks, predictable and boring yet useful.

I am back to doing my daily Yoga and walks, and thus back to feeling pretty good both physically and energy body wise.  And that is probably a good thing, because my Third Degree Lesson exercises are demanding and exhilarating, and I am doing my best to stay grounded after these amazing experiences!

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day.  On Thursday morning, we leave to spend Thanksgiving with friends.  I don’t know how much blogging I will get done, but we shall see.  Saturday is my solar return; I will be 58 years old, one year from my second Saturn return, and official Cronehood. 

Today, I am thinking about blessings.  I am blessed in so many ways, and I am rich, rich with things that money cannot buy.

Blessed Be!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment