Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Three of Swords reversed/The Wheel of Fortune. The Three of Swords (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) usually indicates the possibility that logic, rationalizing and the intellect could end up causing harm if they are not used with balance and compassion. This is not one of my favorite cards, but I am coming to understand it. I think we just need to remember that the heartache represented by this card, and its apparent cause, are really “in our minds”; because of this, our mindset and the way we choose to experience and understand the harm or pain can have a valid effect on what is happening. My Three of Swords is reversed today, so all of these considerations should be ebbing in power. The Wheel of Fortune (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured)) represents the actions and effects of fate and destiny, and not of anything that we in the end can control. This card is about cycles, some that we can control but more that we can’t. These ebbs and flows are going to happen whether we shout yay or nay, so we might as well connect to the energies in play, and make use of them.

My Thoth card is the Queen of Cups. Love the image on this one; so dreamy! The Queen of Cups (cusp of Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, and Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) represents the energies of Water and The High Priestess manifested into the Minor Arcana. I am being told that today I have a strong connection to my instincts, my feelings and my Inner Voice, and I can use these connections to create the day I want to have. I want to feel serene and calm, and just looking at the image on this card makes me feel that way.

My Legacy card is the Six of Cups reversed, flavored by the Six of Swords. Actually, a nice pair. The upright Six of Cups (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, compulsive, deep, obsessive) is a card of emotional balance, simple joys fun and blessings which reminds us to enjoy the blessings of the past, be aware of the blessings of the present, and anticipate with pleasure the blessings of the future. My Six of Cups is reversed, and perhaps I am being told that today, looking back is not going to be effective. My reversed Six of Cups is being flavored by an upright Six, the Six of Swords. I love this card! The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective). This is a great card to flavor my other Six, because it is reminding me that our intellect can also be used to make us feel good, not just our emotions and feelings!

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a conscious and deliberate response to the beginning of degeneration that is the number 7, in order to maintain for a bit longer the balance and harmony of the number 6.

My horoscopes: “Finances could take on a new dimension as you look to technology to help you increase your bank balance. You could decide to invest online or try some new means of recordkeeping. Whatever you try will bode well for your financial future. Expect a lucky break or two as well.”

And: “Don't leave anyone behind as you go off gallivanting through your world today. It could be that you are so wrapped up in your own adventures that you are unaware of the people around you who could use a bit more attention. In your endless search for something bigger and better, you may have lost contact with the wonderful things that you already have right in front of your nose.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Seven of Swords. Both the Five of Swords and the Seven of Swords are about accessing or taking something that does not belong to us; the difference between the two cards is that while the Five of Swords is open about this, the Seven of Swords is more about sneaking behind someone’s back. This card is also about attempting to escape responsibility, and it reminds us that yes, we certainly can use logic and our intellect to deflect blame and get out of jail free, but in the end we do need to look at ourselves in the mirror each morning.

Back to reality, after an incredible Labor Day weekend! We had our fourth Blue Moon Party, to celebrate the Full Blue Moon of this past Friday, at our Cape May Blue Moon House on Sunday afternoon and evening. What a party! We had live music (Gino White and friends), we had great food, we had our new bar set up, and we ended up merging with another party (our neighbor across the street was having a Labor Day barbecue, and once the music started, most of them joined us). I think at one time, we had more than 50 people in our yard!

It is so interesting how a party can take on a life of its own. Several times during the evening, I stood in a corner and watched the merging of the different groups of people in my yard. We had with us much loved friends, awesome neighbors, and new guests; everyone mixed and mingled.

I will be smiling about this one for some time to come. But now, back to reality; I can’t believe it is already September. Time to play catch-up!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment