Thursday, September 20, 2012


Death reversed/The Hierophant. The Death card also corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, imaginative energy that strives to stay the same or take the same course), Scorpio, Nun (fish head; liberation), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and in an upright position tells of natural change that cannot be stopped. My Death card is reversed today, and I am being told that the time of new birth and a fresh start is upon me!  I’ve done the work to get rid of what does not work any more, and my burden should be lighter, easier to carry.  The Hierophant corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes), Taurus (“I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn), Vau (the nail which holds tradition in place), and the Path between Chesed (the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured), and Chokmah (dynamic male energy, the origin of vital force and polarity) is similar to The Magician; like The Magician, The Hierophant possesses and understands the knowledge that unites the macrocosm and the microcosm.  The Hierophant’s Purpose (and I deliberately capitalized that “P”) is to teach this knowledge to others and thus, preserve it. 

My Thoth card is the Princess of Cups. The Princess/Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering), and I can understand why I connect so deeply to this card.  LOL both Scorpio and Sagittarius are in my chart.  This card tells of a very emotional and dreamy personality, and a need for both social interaction and a strong connection to the inner voice.  Yup, sounds like me!  The Princess of Cups approaches her emotions and feelings in a less mature manner than the Queen of Cups, and that can be either good or bad.  Since my Princess is upright today, I’m going to assume that immaturity is good.

My Legacy card is the Ace of Swords reversed, flavored by Two of Coins reversed. The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) is about potential within the mental or intellectual realms.  The intellect has the power to either help or hurt, and since my Ace of Swords is reversed today, I need to be aware that there is a potential for some intellectual imbalance to affect me today.  Too connected to logic?  Or not connected enough?  My reversed Ace of Swords is being flavored by another reversed card, the reversed Two of Coins.  The Two of Coins (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning) in an upright position reminds me that everything always ebbs and flows, and I need to do the same. Perhaps what I am not doing regarding my intellect is making use of the concept of dynamic balance.  Energy is always moving and always changing, and my application of control needs to be the same.

My 6-digit date number is 5, the imposition of movement into the stability of the number 4 in order to prevent stagnation. 

My horoscopes: “Invaluable help with money or property concerns could come to you from an unexpected quarter today, Sagittarius. Someone you didn't know possessed the appropriate information could offer it out of the blue, making a big difference to the way you handle these matters. The situation may not be all that dire to begin with, but all should be well by day's end.

And: “Today, you may feel as if you are brimming over with copious physical energy. You do have a lot of physical energy, but right now it isn't a good idea to go mountain climbing, running marathons, or swimming the English Channel. If you don't pace yourself, you could find yourself exhausted by mid-afternoon. You may be temporarily operating on nervous energy and limited stamina. Take it slow!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Three of Wands.  This is such an optimistic card, especially the Shadowscapes version!  Possibilities beckon today, and while it is easy to acknowledge their potential, it is not quite so easy to reach out and grasp them, particularly when reaching could cause an overbalance and a fall.  But the thing is, if I wait until those possibilities get closer, someone else might beat me to them!  I am being told to expand my horizons and take the chance.  Explore!

I submitted the next segment of my Third Degree Training this afternoon.  Just acknowledging that I felt ready to memorialize what I have been working on since being given the go ahead for my Pathway choice, is a huge accomplishment.  Especially when you consider how many other things have been going on in my life these past weeks and months. 

I feel good about the paper I had to write, but I am certain that even though I feel it is complete, there may be more information I may need to provide.  I will cross that bridge when I come to it, willingly.  However, the process of crystallizing my experiences enough to write the paper has been an encouraging one. 

I feel good about where I am in my life right now.  I’m not perfect, not by any means, and there is always room for improvement.  As I said to a friend recently, when I look back at where I have come from during these past nearly ten years since embracing the Path of Wicca, I am amazed at what I’ve accomplished and how much I’ve grown and evolved.  But when I look forward, toward what is yet to be experienced, I realize that I’ve only scratched the surface on what is to be done in this lifetime.  I am grateful to Deity for offering the potential for these experiences, and I am striving to continue to be open to them.  I look forward to what tomorrow will bring!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment