Monday, September 10, 2012


The Wheel/The Hermit. The Wheel of Fortune (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured)) represents the actions and effects of fate and destiny, and not of anything that we in the end can control.  This card is about cycles, and it is about how we respond to cycles, especially those we can’t control.  The thing this card tells us is that doing nothing is a choice, too. The Hermit corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, practical and stable energy that is slow to change), as well as Virgo (“I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented, orderly), Yod (open hand, touch), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured), and is about searching within for a deeper meaning.  Looks like if I don’t have questions already, I will.  And it looks like the answers to those questions are all within me, not easily found, but there. 

My Thoth card is the Prince of Swords. The Prince/Knight of Swords of the Thoth Tarot, when upright, is seen as pure intellect.  He is filled with powerful ideas, but they are all moving in their own direction, bouncing wildly off each other.  He approaches this chaos in military style, in a typical Fiery way, but his intense power and rigidity makes things worse.  He ends up losing the substance of each idea, distracted by the crazy bouncing. 

My Legacy card is the Two of Wands reversed, flavored by the Ace of Wands.  Oooh, lovely. The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) tells of power, influence and authority.  My Two of Wands may be reversed, but it is being flavored by the oh-so-fertile-and-potent Ace of Wands. The Ace of Wands (Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells of the presence of inspiration that could very well bring creativity and passion into my life.  So the Two may be reversed, but there is a good possibility that I will be able to turn it around.  Power is available to me, the power of Fire!

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability. 

My horoscopes: “Realize that you might have to leave some things to chance today, because you probably aren't going to be able to control all that you'd like to under the circumstances, Sagittarius. Although it may be comfortable for you to try to fit things into their perfect spots, you'll find that this may not be the best way to conduct your business, especially on a day like this.

And: “Your efficiency and practical abilities are operating at a very high level. A long-term goal, which you have been working toward, could finally be reached today, bringing good fortune and open acknowledgement to you. Probably your efforts will be so highly appreciated that you could be asked to continue doing what you did to make this happen. In other words, major advancement could well be in the works.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the King of Pentacles.  LOL, looks like we are still on a Pentacles kick.  The King of Pentacles brings prosperity to all he touches, but that is in part because he is the Earth.  His life experiences are so rich, so valuable, that he has become what he studies and learns about.  He is an inspiration, and he is one who shares his riches so that others may also become the Earth and have access to all its bounties. 

Another beautiful Fall morning!  Today, the humidity is gone, the sky is a lovely blue, and there is a nice breeze.  I spent yesterday working in my beloved garden, but today I headed out on my bike (which I have named Violet, since she is purple).  I biked out to Sunset Beach, and stopped for a moment.  The Delaware Bay was an intense blue, covered in whitecaps.  The waves were bouncing off the remains of the S.S. Atlantus (Cape May’s cement ship), sending white spray into the blue sky.  Lovely!

On another day, I might have parked my bike and walked along the shore, but today I was being pulled in another direction, so I got back onto Violet and headed for the lighthouse.  I parked my bike by the trailhead, and headed in. 

Even at 8:30 am, there were a few birders on the trail, but for the most part, I was all alone.  What a rejuvenating experience this turned out to be!!  The Fall flowers are in full bloom now, bright spots of color against the background of grasses, loosing their intense green and bending over from the weight of their seed heads.  There were painted ladies all over the place, and dragonflies, some small and delicate and some seeming to be large enough to carry passengers.  Yellow rumped warblers flitted from tree to tree, and through the tall grasses.

I stopped at one point because there was a big fat grasshopper sitting in the middle of the trail, looking calmly up at me.  We stared at each other for a moment or two, and then he hopped away.  Grasshopper is a cool totem, and perhaps this one had a message for me today.  Aim high, he seemed to say as he left the trail in one mighty leap.  Take advantage of any opportunity that presents itself today, be brave and jump forward, always forward. 

I saw two hawks, one was a Cooper’s Hawk, could not tell what the other was, and two falcons, a Merlin and a Kestrel.  And two herons, one blue and the other gray.  All in all, a good trip!!

$> 

No comments:

Post a Comment