Tuesday, September 11, 2012


Two of Wands reversed/Page of Swords.  Reversed Two of Wands again; okay, must pay attention here. The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) tells of power, influence and authority.  However, my Two of Wands is reversed, two days in a row, so perhaps we need to look a little closer.   The Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) actually tells us to do this, to use our mind and intellect to analyze situations as well as our emotions and feelings, and the messages of our senses.  The upright Two of Wands is not only about having access to personal power; it is also about believing that we have the authority (and the right) to manifest that power.  Individual courage and greatness do have a place in life, but they are not always effective.  Perhaps today I need to first ask why I need to use my own power and authority, before I actually use them.

My Thoth card is the Five of Swords.  “Defeat” is Crowley’s keyword for the Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloof) which shows what happens when we insist that our way is right, or when we impose our needs or wants onto a situation.  As I stated the last time this card appeared, the image on the Thoth Five of Swords shows those five Swords pointing in, creating the shape of a pentacle with the bottom two points facing up.  I am being warned here of the consequences of using analysis and logic without an awareness of the effects I am having on others.  Climbing on the backs of others in order to achieve my own goals is not the best action today, and unfortunately there may be that tendency, even if it is not manifested.

My Legacy card is The Devil reversed, flavored by the Four of Coins.  The Devil (Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Capricorn (“I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning), Ayin (the eye, senses), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Tipareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) tells of being caught up in the physical world and the effects of the physical senses to the point of being bound to those things. The Legacy Tarot does not use a traditional image on this card; the Legacy Devil is handsome and attractive, and he reminds us that the pleasure of the senses can be addictive. The Four of Coins (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation or the deepest self, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, authority, caution cunning) is flavoring my Devil, and this is an interesting pair, because in some ways, the Four of Coins could be seen as one Minor Arcana incarnation of The Devil.  In an upright position, this card tells of very solid foundations (possibly to the point of being inflexible) and an awareness of the value of our possessions (possibly to the point of becoming obsessive).  My instincts are telling me that the reversed Devil is telling me that I won’t end up manifesting the more obsessive traits of the Four of Coins, but I should still be very aware today.  Nothing wrong with feeling that I have possessions of value, as long as I continue to remind myself that change is inevitable and I only have those possessions for a little while.

My 6-digit date number is 5, which represents movement that stirs things up and gets rid of stagnation. 

My horoscopes: “You could be feeling a bit antsy today and may want to spend time exercising or trying a new sport or game that you've never played before. This is great. Ask some friends to join you. Don't push yourself past your limits. This can only bring exhaustion or injury, and it won't help your fitness level. Exercise within your limitations and do it more often.

And: “Sex and passion are primarily on your mind today, and you'll definitely want to get together with a romantic partner. Don't be surprised, however, if the precursor to lovemaking might be a long, involved, and very intimate conversation, revealing secrets that you thought you'd never repeat to anyone. You could learn some rather surprising things as well - though nothing that makes any difference to your feelings. Enjoy your evening!

My Shadowscapes Insight is The Sun.  I just love the Shadowscapes interpretation of this card!  Rather than focusing on the noon hour and the peak of the sun’s light, this one talks about dawn and the perception of a fresh new start with no impediments in sight.  This is the moment when dreams may become reality, if we choose to access the visions they offer.  Now that is power!! 

Today is the 11th anniversary of the bombings of 9/11.  Today, I am thinking about consequences, across the board.  We know who planned these attacks, but we also need to be aware of the many actions and things that contributed to this horrible day, both those actually done and those missed or forgotten actions and things that could have derailed what happened.  We all need to remember that day and the pain that is the after-effect of it, pain felt by many people, all around the world.

Today, I will think about peace, and I will visualize the paradise this world could be if we could turn our focus towards brotherhood and synergy, and towards celebrating our differences as well as the things we have in common. 

Blessed be!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment