Saturday, September 15, 2012


Ace of Wands/Death reversed. Oooh, exciting possibilities!! The Ace of Wands (Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells of the presence of inspiration that could very well bring creativity and passion into my life. This card is encouraging me to have the courage to act, because whether I know it or not, a creative power is available to me right now, the power of Fire! I need to express those dreams in order to get them to manifest in the physical world.  The Death card also corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, imaginative energy that strives to stay the same or take the same course), Scorpio, Nun (fish head; liberation), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and in an upright position tells of natural change that cannot be stopped. Many people don’t like this card, but I do.  To me, Death is not a card of endings, but rather of transformation that can’t be stopped.  And paired with that auspicious Ace of Wands, the reversed Death card is telling me that the endings are over; now is the time of new beginnings!

My Thoth card is the Eight of Disks.  “Prudence,” Crowley’s keyword, is a perfect description of the energies of this card. The Eight of Disks (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) is about taking care of details, working hard, and studying or learning new things, with an eye on the end result.  This card is about focusing on the details today so that we can benefit from that work tomorrow or next week.  This is the “put it away for a rainy day” card, and it tells us that after the hard work of tilling the soil and planting the seeds, we need to watch carefully and wait for the perfect time to harvest. 

My Legacy card is Strength reversed, flavored by the Nine of Cups reversed.  Hmmm . . . The Strength card (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic energy; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical; Teth, sieve or basket, digestion; and the Path between Geburah, the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed, and Chesed, the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured) is about having the strength and the patience to endure and focus.  Reversed, it could be presenting one of two extremes: either the concept of hard control, or a listless or weak feeling. The Nine of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) in an upright position is about emotional satisfaction and the ability to find pleasure in feelings and emotions, and in our expectations for the day.  My Nine of Cups is reversed, and it could be telling me that my feelings and emotions are not the most important consideration today.  Since both of these cards are about my perception of things, perhaps together they are issuing a warning to me.  Whether I feel a bit lethargic, or I feel unconnected to my inner self, or I am feeling the burden of the need to control everything, I need to look hard and re-examine what is inspiring me to feel this way.  I’d be better off tapping into the grounding of my Eight of Coins, and the potential of my Ace of Wands and Death reversed!

My Pearls of Wisdom New Moon card is the Eight of Wands reversed. The Eight of Wands (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) in an upright position is a card of action, of quick developments, and of pulling it all together so things can be completed.  The Pearls of Wisdom interpretation tells me that upright, a cycle has completed and it is time to release it all so a new beginning can occur.  Since my card is reversed, that cycle is not done yet, or at least in my eyes, it is not done.  However, this is a New Moon card, so perhaps the ending will be soon.  Once the new moon appears, waxing energies will be in play.

My 6-digit date number is 9, the completeness of manifestation and effect. 

My horoscopes: “Expect something new to take place regarding your home today, Sagittarius. Someone could come for a visit or even move in. You could be redecorating, landscaping, or buying new furniture. There is always the possibility that you're moving. Whatever the changes, they're likely to be positive despite the messy and disruptive process of making them. You've got a lot to look forward to!

And: “Expect a day full of activity. You might spend a lot of time on the phone, perhaps making arrangements for a social event, or perhaps discussing information. There may also be a number of errands that you need to run, though there could be some difficulty with running them. Perhaps some items you need are out of stock at the store. Nonetheless, by the end of the day you'll feel as if you've been productive. Enjoy it!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Five of Pentacles.  Oh my, I know just what and who this card is referring to today.  The image on the Shadowscapes Five of Pentacles is heart-wrenching, but the message is important: not all resources are connected to the physical world, not all resources cost hard-earned coin.  We need to lift our gaze from the physical world needs that seem to be binding us, and look for those blessings that aren’t connected to the physical world, and yet are valuable, are healing, and are encouraging.  They are there, waiting for us to notice them!

My bike ride this morning was challenging because of the breeze, but it was worth the effort.  The sun was shining, and I saw a beautiful heron in flight, lazily flapping its huge wings as it sailed along effortlessly on that same breeze that was challenging my legs!

I spent the afternoon on the beach, sitting in the sun and enjoying that breeze.  Saw lots of bird accumulating in one spot, which means the smaller fish were near the surface because the bigger fish were below them.  Someone told me that the early morning fishermen were catching bluefish; that makes sense. 

I saw my first bald eagle of the Fall, too.  He was beautiful!  Soaring along, flapping his huge wings every so often, heading northeast out over the ocean.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment