Sunday, September 2, 2012


Transparent Oracle Sunday!  My cards:

54, Guide: Giant (Below).  The direction of Below is not easily associated with spirituality, yet it is a powerful symbol representing the opportunity to create a strong foundation, and to connect to the tools and powers of the Underworld.  Giant corresponds quite a bit with the element of Earth and Earth energies, and is about the stability of the ground below us, and about the huge geological forces that formed our world and even now, changes it.  In most fairy tales, the Giant ends up being a great big bump in the road for the hero of the tale, and without these kinds of challenges, we would never get the chance to be brave or to see if we have courage.

1, Gateway: Spring (East).  East is the direction of the rising sun, and thus of new beginnings and fresh ideas, as well as knowledge, intellectual ideas and thoughts.  The Gateway of Spring brings us fresh new beginnings and the first blossoming of creativity.  There is an innocence about the energies of this Gateway, and an optimism, and perhaps these lovely energies will bring new insights, as well as new creativity.

46, Mercury (Above).  The direction of Above takes us up and out of the four traditional elements of Air, Fire, Water and Earth, and reminds us that we are but a small part of the Cosmos.  Above also reminds us that while the Machinery of the Universe is huge, it does have an effect on each of us, and each of us is an important part of the workings of that Machinery.  Whatever happens, it will happen quickly, and maybe in an unexpected manner.  The effects associated with this card (and this planet) are quick to manifest; they are about connections and communications, about travel, and about the way it all happens through what seems like magick!  I associate Mercury with the Internet, and thus, with the astral realms.

I then created my mandala.  Another tight image.  The Giants and Spring seem to cover the same exact space.  This can be interpreted in two ways: either we can see this as the Earth being the fertile incubator for the new growth and germination of Spring, or we can see this as two basically opposing forces, the deliberate, slow moving, steady and somewhat predictable force that is the Earth, and the brand new, untried, quickly manifesting and somewhat unpredictable force that is the Spring. Whether I am building new things on the foundation and fertility of what has come before, or I am choosing between slow and steady energy or a fresh, new burst of energy. events will not stand still, thanks to the influences of Mercury.  I had better pay attention, and once I make my choice I will need to focus on holding onto it tightly!

My weight is holding steady this week, and I have a feeling I am getting close to what my weight will be.  I tried on some clothes, and I am down a full size, with comfort.  I even am fitting into things that I haven’t worn in literally years.  And I feel great.

Getting ready for our Blue Moon Party!!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment