Sunday, September 23, 2012


Transparent Oracle Sunday!!

48, Venus (Above). The direction of Above takes us up and out of the four traditional elements of Air, Fire, Water and Earth, and reminds us that we are but a small part of the Cosmos.  Above also reminds us that while the Machinery of the Universe is huge, it does have an effect on each of us, and each of us is an important part of the workings of that Machinery. Venus represents love, romantic, platonic or spiritual, as well as sensuality and an appreciation of beauty.  Venus is also about attractions, because that is how love, sensuality and the experience of beauty actually happen, and that is where Venus gets its power. 

18, Guide: Horse (South). South is the direction of the midday sun and the peak of power and illumination; this direction is associated with passionate drive and creativity. Horse is basically about going somewhere; after all, humans use Horse as a means for transportation.  Because the ability to get to where you need to be and thus, transform yourself is perceived as having authority, this card also represents sovereignty, the kind of sovereignty the stallion has over his herd.  This leadership is maintained by courage, strength, and skills learned through a lifetime.

42, Guide: Angel (Above).  Another Above card!  As a Wiccan, I see the Universe as being alive and aware, so the messages of all the Above cards become particularly important.  If I have the essence of Deity within me, then so, to, do the stars and planets of the Universe.  After all, a planet or a sun is a collection of energy manifestations, and so is my body, and I have awareness. Angel is the Guide for the Celestial Realm, and you could say that Angel is one of the messengers who bridges the gap between us and the vast expanses of the Universe.  When Angel appears in a spread, some event or effect may have more significance than I think, and I had better pay attention. 

I then created my mandala.  Funny, this one seems a bit familiar, LOL.  Could be because last Sunday, my spread was almost exactly what it is today!  The main difference in this one is Venus, and oh, what a difference it makes.  Last week’s mandala was about pushing myself past my perceived limits in order to access the realms of meditation and vision, and in order to learn about myself.  This week’s mandala takes this uncomfortable and difficult task one step further: to do all of this in order to understand Deity! 

There it was, in the middle of the mandala: the pentagram of the Angel card, and the symbol of woman in the middle of Venus, surrounded by Angels and Horses, circling around, tapping into, and spreading the energies of the “mandala within the mandala” that is the center of this reading.  Oh, this is cool, and I do get it!

I actually lost another pound while I wasn’t looking!  I am now officially down 15 pounds since beginning the Spring Fitness Challenge back in April.  My personal exercise practice is now very strongly a part of my day.  I have been researching Yoga studios, and I have found one that should work for me.  I went yesterday to a class, and enjoyed the ambiance and focus of the studio.  I will continue taking classes here, and I am tossing around in my head the idea of applying for Yoga Teacher Training.  This may sound out-of-the-blue, but actually this is a logical progression and a necessary step for me to expand my Thai Massage practice.  You see, Thai Massage is considered passive Yoga, so expanding on my knowledge and practice of Yoga does make sense.  So I will continue to take classes at this studio, and make this decision by the end of the year. 

Important messages indeed!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment