Wednesday, August 6, 2014

8/5/14

Three of Pentacles/Five of Swords. The Three of Pentacles (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, cunning, competence) tells of competence, planning and teamwork.  I am being reminded that the best reputation is the one earned by hard work, and once earned it will take care of me in the physical world and offer fulfillment in my heart The Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloof) shows what happens when we insist that our way is right, or when we impose our needs or wants onto a situation. This card could also be telling of what seems to be overwhelming opposition, or being made to suffer the sins of others, but today I think it is reminding me that while earning a good reputation is important, my way is not necessarily everyone else’s way.  This is a huge danger for me today.  I need to strive for harmony and the highest good of all, not just myself

My Thoth cards are the Eight of Swords (“Interference”) reversed and The Wheel. The Eight of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable talkative, dual) in an upright position tells of a confused and restrictive response to obstacles, or maybe perceived obstacles.  The Interference represented by this card may exist only in my mind today, and I need to remember that.  The Wheel of Fortune (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured)) tells of sudden movement, but not movement caused by us or controlled by us.  The Wheel reminds us that nothing is permanent and everything is always in motion, motion that we can’t control.  The Wheel tells of luck and good fortune, and it tells of the concept of progression; nothing stands still, except if I allow it.

My Legacy card is the Ten of Swords reversed, flavored by The Emperor reversed. The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) tells of the perception that interference, powerlessness and restriction will rule the day.  Interference, there’s that word again, but thankfully my Ten of Swords is also reversed.  The traditional image on this one is of a body laying on its stomach, with ten Swords sticking up out of his back.  Talk about overkill!  The suit of Swords is about the mind and the intellect, and the mind is my most useful tool today.  My reversed Ten of Swords is being flavored by The Emperor, also reversed.  Hmmm . . . in a way, The Emperor can be about restriction because he asks us to use tried-and-true methods and not only to follow the rules, but to understand that the rules are there for a reason.  In a lot of ways, my reversed Emperor is supporting the interpretation of The Wheel above, and giving perceived restrictions another look and then responding to them in new ways just might be the ticket.

My 6-digit date number is 9, the number of completeness of manifestation or effect.

My horoscopes: “Say what you mean and mean what you say. You shoot from the hip a lot, Sagittarius, which can cause some problems when you accidentally offend your listener. But with the Moon in your house of self forming a helpful angle to communicative Mercury in your ninth house of truth-seeking today, you will need to make sure you're not grossly exaggerating reality for the sake of a good story! You want to be taken as seriously as the next person, so don't let your gift of gab get out of hand.

And: “Too much work and the resulting pressure over the past few days may have you feeling a bit too tired to do anything more, although your optimism and enthusiasm are still intact. Don't be too hard on yourself if you find yourself dragging a little toward the end of the day. You'll be able to recharge your batteries before tomorrow. In the evening: Relax at home with a good book.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment