Sunday, August 24, 2014

8/24/14

Transparent Oracle Sunday!

15, Landscape: Desert (South). South is the direction of the midday sun and the peak of power and illumination; this direction is associated with passionate drive and creativity.   Desert represents an extreme environment that upon initial examination seems to preclude life; actually this Landscape just challenges life, severely, but if we see that challenge as a chance to test our endurance and our ability to adapt to difficult situations, we will prosper.

52, Guide: Ancestors/Dark Goddess (Below). The direction of Below is not easily associated with spirituality, yet it is a powerful symbol representing the opportunity to create a strong foundation, and to connect to the tools and powers of the Underworld.  This card is about the ancestors who came before us, but it is also about the Goddess of the Underworld, and to some, it is about Hecate, the Triple Goddess of the Crossroads. This card can be about death, but it can also be about renewal.  Our personal history, where we’ve gone and what we’ve learned, helps us to make choices in the future.  This card is telling me these things are important.

5, Landscape: Mountains (East). East is the direction of the rising sun, and thus of new beginnings and fresh ideas, as well as knowledge, intellectual ideas and thoughts.  Mountains tells us that our goals are in sight, but there will still need to be strength, skill and perseverance before accessing that goal.  Mountains also allow us to rise up above the chaos, confusion and noise of our mundane world in order to experience peace and solitude.  This card tells me that I’ve got a good strong foundation in place, and now it is time to look forward and up.

I then stacked my cards and created my mandala.  The focal point of this one is the Guide, bookended by the two Landscapes.  We cannot see the faces of Ancestors/Dark Goddess because they are not meant to be seen; this guidance comes from an anonymous place.  I am being told that choices are important for me this week, and whether the land around me appears flat and barren or thrusting upward toward the sky as it offers challenges, where I’ve been already can offer wisdom.  Even when the final destination is obscured (especially when that destination is obscured), I should make my future choices after examining them through the lense of that wisdom, earned by experience.

Fall is in the air in Cape May.  Crepe myrtles have huge blossoms this year, branches are arching downward with the weight.  Hibiscus are blooming too, and I love seeing them all over the place.  One of my Fall favorites, Virgin’s Bower, is just beginning to bloom.  Next weekend should be peak of color and fragrance.  My garden still looks good, even though there has not been an abundance of rain, because it’s not real hot.  And I’m still getting freshly picked lettuce and French radishes!  This weekend, I’ve indulged myself and I’m eating all fresh veggies and fruit.  Yum! 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment