Thursday, August 28, 2014

8/28/14

Six of Wands reversed/Page of Pentacles.  The Six of Wands (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, noble, authoritative) in an upright position expresses the celebration we feel when we have passed some test or successfully met a challenge. Since my card is reversed, the results may not be clear or conclusive just yet.  I should not panic; I need to remember that while the flurry of Wands cards of the past few days appears to be settling down, the dust has not settled yet.  The Page of Pentacles (Aries, “I want,” assertive, action oriented, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual) is down-to-earth and responsible, and a listener and a learner. The Page of Pentacles loves to learn new things and have new experiences, and he loves to share the excitement created through experiencing new things.  Change is fun, after all.  Today I should attempt to get some things on my To-Do list, but I should not see this effort as a task, but rather as fun.  I can make even doing laundry light-hearted!  And by getting things done with a good attitude, I might be able to tap into the Fiery energy still lingering.

My Thoth cards are the Queen of Swords and The Devil.  The Queen of Swords (cusp of Virgo, “I serve,” practical, sensible, work and service oriented, and Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, grace) can be considered a Minor Arcana representation of the Justice card, which is about responsibility and the relationship between “cause” and “effect.”  The main difference is that while Justice is about the law, the Queen of Swords is about the intent behind the law.  Cause and effect will be in play today for me, and I need to pay attention to what I cause as well as how I respond to what happens around me.  The Devil (Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Capricorn (“I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning), Ayin (the eye, senses), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Tipareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) tells of being caught up in the physical world and the effects of the physical senses, to the point of being bound or addicted to those things.  Not every deck sees this card as representing hopeless bondage, however the Thoth Tarot also sees this card as representing blind ambition and secretive plans, as well as obsessive behavior.  Actually, The Devil could very well balance out my Queen of Swords, and remind her of one of the messages of the Page of Pentacles above: all work and no play makes the Queen of Swords a dull girl.  I do need to watch out for any obsessiveness, however.

My Legacy card is the Eight of Coins reversed, flavored by the Queen of Coins.  Niiice.  The Eight of Coins (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells us that diligence and an awareness of details is important.  Because my card is reversed today, I am being told to relax a bit, maybe blur my vision just enough so I can capture the big picture, rather than stressing over the small stuff.  My Eight of Coins is being flavored by another Earth card, the Queen of Coins.  The Queen of Coins (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly.  She has a “greatness of soul” and can easily manifest this greatness around her.The Legacy Queen of Coins manifests through her visualizations, and brings her plans into reality.  She is comfortable with all physical world sensations and experiences, maybe because she also understands balance.  Balance seems to be key today, so I welcome her influence!

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number that imposes motion onto stability in order to prevent stagnation.

My horoscopes: “It's time for a dose of truth serum as only you can administer it, Archer. Your cosmic ruler, candid Jupiter, is in your zone of radical honesty, making a harmonious angle with the Moon in your teamwork corner. Translation? Your (limited) patience for others' ambivalence--or mediocrity--could run out, and you may finally lay it on the line. No need for anger or melodrama, however; just let people know what it and is not acceptable. If they can't take the heat, they will flee the kitchen.”

And: “Your sensual side might show itself today, and you might find yourself viewing young men in tight jeans more appreciatively than you usually do. Racy novels and movies may suddenly seem appealing, and you might want to make some purchases at the perfume or lingerie counters. Romantic encounters are intense and passionate - so make sure you allow plenty of time for them! Don't be surprised if you turn into a Siren! Enjoy yourself!

Well, it has taken me a week, but I am finally recovered from my family vacation.  Ten days of family fun, eating and drinking, and sitting on the beach resulted in a tired, dehydrated girl whose chemistry was thrown out of wack from eating and drinking things that are not on my normal menu.  Thanks to the imposition of aerobic discipline right from the first day of my return, and sticking to the plan even though I did not feel like walking or doing Yoga or dancing, I am in good shape.  Now if I could just get Saturn to move a bit on my astrological chart and unclog the back-up being created, things might start to flow again. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment