Wednesday, August 27, 2014

8/26/14

King of Wands/Four of Swords.  The King of Wands (cusp of Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, moody, and Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic egotistical) is honest and open hearted, and rules his realm through the advantageous use of his creative impulses.  He is admired by all, is able to assert authority without alienating others, and his achievements not only bring him benefits, but also increase the quality of life for those around him.  The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) can represent a pause or truce or mutual deterrent, or a time of silence and isolation used to prepare for challenges to come.  The pause represented by this card does not happen due to weakness, but rather through conscious choice. I like these two cards together!  I can make use of my creative abilities, and I can also pause appropriately and effectively without damaging or derailing those creative impulses.  Sometimes knowing when to pause is the most important thing a King understands. 

My Thoth cards are the Two of Swords (“Peace”) and Lust (Strength) reversed.  The Two of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) represents a time of not looking or of shutting out the world.  Yes this can be helpful, and my other Swords card is saying something similar.  Today is not a day for the intellect to rule.  The Strength card, which Crowley calls “Lust” (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic energy; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical; Teth, sieve or basket, digestion; and the Path between Geburah, the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed, and Chesed, the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured) is about having the strength and the patience to endure and focus.  Crowley sees this card as offering the traditional meanings (courage, passion, inner focus and fortitude), but he also sees it as representing the use of magick or magickal powers.  My Lust card is reversed, and perhaps it will seem to me that surrender or solitude may be the better choice.

My Legacy card is the Eight of Coins flavored by the Page of Wands reversed.  The Eight of Coins (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells us that diligence and an awareness of details is important.  This might be the most important card in my spread today because of the pause indicated by my two Swords cards.  If I pay attention to the details, I might be able to better tap into the reversed Fire cards in my spread.  My Eight of Coins is being flavored today by the Page of Wands reversed.  Upright, the Page of Wands, flavored by the Three of Coins reversed. The Page of Wands (Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic noble egotistical; and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) is fun to be around, unless you have a migraine. He is about being open to new experiences and about being enthusiastic about whatever is happening.  He is reversed, and because the King of Wands is also in my spread and in an upright position, I am being reminded that sometimes we need to be the grownup, and today is that day. 

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a new creation sourced from the position and potential of the Ace, and the balance, polarity, and energy of “distance between” of the 2.

My horoscopes: “Look before you leap today, Archer--and also where you walk when you're texting. You could easily turn into a meme, falling into a fountain as your smartphone goes flying up in the air. The mash-up of impulsive Mars and slow-moving Saturn in your foggy 12th house today is a wakeup call. Though you may be tempted to multitask, this conjunction can throw you for a loop, and it's better to be safe than speedy. The upside is that this lineup could attract a powerful mentor, so be ready to accept a generous offer.

And: “Because your tendency recently has been to brood over everything, a day like today cannot be anything but beneficial. It has been difficult for you to find material satisfaction lately, but today offers you a view into the world of the intangible and unreal. You may find it especially gratifying to participate in an artistic or religious activity.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment