Sunday, August 31, 2014

8/29/14

The Wheel of Fortune reversed/Five of Cups. The Wheel of Fortune (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured)) tells of sudden movement, but not movement caused by us or controlled by us.  The Wheel reminds us that nothing is permanent and everything is always in motion, motion that we can’t control.  The Wheel tells of luck and good fortune, and it tells of the concept of progression; nothing stands still, except if I allow it.  Because my Wheel is reversed today, there might be a sort of disconnect.  Things are happening all around me, but I may not feel integrated or involfed.  The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) tells of an emotional setback or disappointment, or perhaps the belief that a wrong choice has been made; this card also warns us that we are focusing too much on difficult emotions. I am being told that while it may seem that the uncomfortable stuff is ruling my day, there are some hidden satisfactions to be found, and if I look for it (maybe look for it in an unexpected place), I will find it.

My Thoth cards are The High Priestess reversed and the Queen of Cups reversed.  Well, there is an imbalance! The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), is one-half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, with The Empress being the other half. The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician (who is also in my spread today), the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries.  She is the Gatekeeper who determines whether I am ready to experience the Mysteries, and she is somewhat removed from everyday life although her mind is receptive.   She is reversed today, and perhaps today I will need a bit of grounding, some Earth energy, or even Fire energy, rather than Water. The Queen of Cups (cusp of Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, and Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) represents the energies of Water and The High Priestess manifested into the Minor Arcana.  She is comfortable with her own feelings (whatever they are), and she nurtures and encourages the dreams of others, too.  My Queen is also reversed, validating my consideration of an imbalance in my emotional self or my inner focus.

My Legacy card is the Page of Swords reversed, flavored by the Knight of Cups reversed.  Lots of reversed Court Cards. The Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) in an upright position encourages us to use our mind and intellect to analyze our situations as well as our emotions and feelings.  Since the Page is reversed, any attempt at analysis just might blow up in my face.  My reversed Page of Swords is being flavored by the reversed Knight of Cups. The Knight of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about feeling things strongly and without restraint or grounding.  Upright, this Knight appears calm to others, but inwardly he feels things strongly.  He is reversed today, and this might mean I may be tempted to wear my heart on my sleeve, or allow my emotions to rule me, and that will not be a good thing. My only upright card today is the Five of Cups, and while the day may be uncomfortable, at least on the surface, I need to remain focused.  The reversed Wheel tells me that help is there, I just need to perceive it.

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.  LOL, go figure.

My horoscopes: “With the Sun at the apex of your chart, you may get the grandiose notion to get your entire life in order today. But employ restraint so that you won't accidently throw the baby out with the bathwater. A fuzzy opposition with nebulous Neptune can actually help in an unpredictable way by causing your plans to go awry. So take it as a cosmic redirect if, for example, you try to give up wheat, dairy and sugar all at once starting this morning—and wind up going out for pizza with pals tonight.”

And: “In general, your spirit is upbeat, freedom loving, and adventuresome. Today, however, you might find that it is a bit more intense and possibly a bit somber, especially when it comes to romantic issues. This approach to matters of the heart isn't exactly your normal style, but you are apt to find that it is appropriate for your situation at this time. Make sure you have the right tool for the job at hand.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment