Thursday, August 14, 2014

8/14/14

Ace of Wands/The Emperor reversed. The Ace of Wands (Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells of the initial emanation of enthusiasm or inspiration that could very well energize an entire process or project.  Lots of Fiery energy here, but in the early stages; Will has not yet been manifested. The day holds potential, however. The Emperor corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Aries (“I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) and the Hebrew letter Heh (window, illumination), and in an upright position represents confidence, authority, and the archetype of the Father.  The Emperor instills balance, form and structure onto the fertility and creations of The Empress.  The upright Emperor says that the best way to make the day have a happy ending is to follow the rules, get things done on time, and encourage others to do the same.  Both of these cards tell of the manifestation of the Will, but it looks like today will be more about the potential for manifestation, rather than the manifestation itself.

My Thoth cards are the Ten of Swords (“Ruin”) reversed and the Six of Swords (“Science”). The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) tells of the perception that interference, powerlessness and restriction will rule the day.  The traditional image on this one is of a body laying on its stomach, with ten Swords sticking up out of his back.  Talk about overkill!  Things may seem bad, but I should keep in mind that they might not be as bad as they seem.  Shake it off. The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) in an upright position is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective).  I love this card because it is how I learn and grow; today this message is particularly relevant to me.  I can’t heal unless I understand why things are happening, and sometimes I need to remember that I can’t control the catalyst that is causing the events, I can only control how I choose to react to them.  I need to react while keeping in mind the “how” and “why” of the situation.

My Legacy card is the Ten of Swords, flavored by the Four of Coins. I’m thinking that the Ten of Swords is both upright and reversed today because perception is the key.  If I expect that things will go bad, they will.  If I feel sorry for myself or play the victim, I will be miserable.  I need to know this, and remember that I have the power to affect my environment.  The Four of Coins (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation or the deepest self, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, authority, caution cunning) tells of very solid foundations and an awareness of the value of our possessions.  This card tells of a resistance to change, as well as a need for predictability.  Imposing this kind of need for having things my own way onto my day and mixing in the critical attitude of the reversed Knight could be not so good. Forewarned is forearmed!

My 6-digit date number is 9, the completeness of manifestation or effect. 

My horoscope: “You're not known for censoring yourself when upset, Sagittarius, but today's dose of truth serum might not be good medicine for others. The Moon and shocking Uranus meet in your expressive fifth house, setting off a firestorm of feelings that you have trouble keeping inside. Do yourself a favor and "empty your cup" with an understanding friend instead of the target of your wrath. Maybe you just need to get it out of your system first. Then you can bring it up with the person in your crosshairs without burning a bridge. If you can't say something nice, best not to say anything at all.

And: “Give your loved ones the attention they need today. Don't let another day go by without telling them that you love them. Life is short and getting shorter with each passing day. Feel free to be confrontational about a serious issue that needs to be addressed. You are responsible for your own feelings. Do not play the role of the victim. You will only experience more pain and resentment later on.

Family vacation is going well; we are having plenty of sun-filled days, and lovely meals each night.  I’m not spending too much time on line because the beach has been beautiful!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment