Sunday, August 3, 2014

8/3/14

Transparent Oracle Sunday!

42, Guide: Angel (Above).  The direction of Above takes us up and out of the four traditional elements of Air, Fire, Water and Earth, and reminds us that we are but a small part of the Cosmos.  Above also reminds us that while the Machinery of the Universe is huge, it does have an effect on each of us, and each of us is an important part of the workings of that Machinery.  Angel is the Guide for the Celestial Realm, and you could say that Angel is one of the messengers who bridges the gap between us and the vast expanses of the Universe.  When Angel appears in a spread, some event or effect may have more significance than I think, and I had better pay attention.

23, Element: Water (West).  West is the direction of Water, and thus, of feelings and emotions, relationships of all kinds, cleansing and healing, the wisdom associated with natural endings, and the bubbling up of pure joy.  Water is about emotions, feelings, the Inner Voice, dreams, intuition, and Water is connected to both birth and death.  Because our physical bodies contain so much Water, whatever affects Water usually affects us as well.  The image on this card also shows ripples moving outward; something to remember when we are expressing our feelings.

62, Dream (Within).  Within is the direction of the Self, and thus the cards associated with this direction deal with the ways our Self connects to the world and perceives the world, and the Self.  This direction is mostly abstract, and yet is our bridge to the Universe around us.  Dream is the language of the unconscious mind; our unconscious mind is constantly absorbing and interpreting information, and since Dream has no physical world limits, it can interpret that information without being bound by any limits. Thus we can see the past and the future, and talk to those who are not now (or maybe never were) of the physical world.

I then stacked my cards and created my mandala.  This one is beautiful!  Everyone is focused on the pentagram in the center, and all energies are flowing in and out, protected by Water.  None of these cards is about physical-world manifestation.  They all ask me to look for messages around me, and then look within to find the meanings of those messages.  I need to remember that I am not limited to looking within this world, and I should include the past and the future, as well as the present, in my perusal.  I just might find something exciting!

It has been a busy weekend.  Despite the heavy rains falling each night, causing me to wait until the ground dries a bit, I’ve got a lot done in my beloved garden.  My roses are not doing too well this year, probably because it has been a wet summer.  I may need to cut them back hard in the fall.  However, the grass is very green, even in places that are normally brown at this time of the year.  My wisteria is flowering for the third time!  And the crepe myrtles are heavy with blossoms. 

Today will also be spent in the garden.  Next week is the beginning of family vacation, and I want things to be in order.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment