Saturday, August 23, 2014

8/23/14

The Empress/Ace of Pentacles reversed.  Oooh, another nice pair; continuing the good stuff from yesterday! The Empress (my significator card, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), the Hebrew letter Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah on the Tree of Life (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity)) is one half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine (along with The High Priestess), the half that is about creativity, fertility of all kinds, a deep connection to Nature and the nurturing of others, and an enjoyment of the senses. My Empress, who is the mother of form, tells of creative intelligence; she reveals the concepts guarded by The High Priestess, and she encourages me to immerse myself in the manifestations of the physical world.  Looks like while yesterday was not about the pleasures of the senses, today just might be.  Creative intelligence, eh?  Okay! Aces present potential only, and the Ace of Pentacles (Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, social) tells of the presence of potential that is connected in some way to the physical world. Aces are powerful cards, but because my Ace is reversed, all that lovely energy of The Empress won’t be about potential.  This could mean that the pleasures are here, manifesting as we speak!

My Thoth cards are the Knight of Swords and the Four of Disks (“Power”) reversed.  In the Thoth Tarot, the Knights are the Kings. The Knight/King of Swords (cusp of Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, cautious, cunning, authoritative, and Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, aloof) is a good judge of people and situations. He uses his intellect to analyze, so he may not be compassionate but he is trustworthy, and he can be trusted to fiercely stand by his decisions.  I think I am being told that today I should trust my judgment.  The Four of Disks (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation or the deepest self, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, authority, caution, cunning) in an upright position tells of very solid foundations and an awareness of the value of our possessions.  Uncle Al sees this card as representing the power of the Law rather than power achieved through aggression.  Because my Four of Disks is reversed, and particularly because it is paired with the Kinght/King of Swords, it might pay to remember there might be a bit of an imbalance of power today.  This does not mean I need to halt, just watch. 

My Legacy card is the Two of Wands reversed, flavored by Judgement reversed. The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) tells of power, influence and authority, and the implementation of the Will.  This is a card of action and ownership, personal power and authority, and it is reversed.  I think it is telling me to revist my Empress and work with her energies rather than my own Will.  My reversed Two of Wands is being flavored by another reversed card, the reversed Judgement card. Judgement corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Pluto (power, metamorphosis, cycles of dying and becoming), Shin (fang), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Hod (provides analysis and communication) and upright, represents an opportunity to tally up and pay the bill so we can have a fresh start. Judgement represents the final step that ends an issue of the past and at the same time brings us forward.  Deliberately releasing and leaving behind the things that no longer serve me won’t be easy to accomplish today, and since my power of authority is not available, perhaps I should wait till tomorrow.  I think I will focus on that Empress instead.

My 6-digit date number is 9, the number of vertical and horizontal balance. 

My horoscopes: “Who are you and why are you here? As a Sagittarius, part of your quest in life is seeking out the truth of the human condition. And with both the Moon and your ruling planet, philosophical Jupiter, joining forces in your expansive ninth house—which is also your ruling house—you will have an especially awakened interest in the meaning of life and even metaphorical studies. You can't be bothered with anything superficial tonight, so haul yourself and your crew to an intriguing lecture that will open your minds.

And: “Recent developments have brought new interests into your life, and as a result you might be seriously considering enrolling in a formal course of study involving these subjects. If you really want to do this, this is definitely the right time to start. Others in your community might want to do the same, so a get-together to discuss this subject and others might help all of you to clear your heads. Books and magazines could also be of help.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment