Wednesday, August 20, 2014

8/20/14

Knight of Swords/Page of Swords reversed. The Knight of Swords (the cusp of Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, intelligent) is outspoken, assured, alert, and logical, as well as rude, domineering, critical and sarcastic.  His daring and courage are impressive, but he can also be disruptive, too.  While all of the Knights can be considered as mercinaries, the Knight of Swords truly personifies this career.  Today may be a day when I am drawn to to crusade for any idea that is important to me, and I should be successful.  However I should keep in mind a tendency to be a bull in a china closet. The Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) in an upright position encourages us to use our mind and intellect to analyze our situations as well as our emotions and feelings.  Apparently, analysis and the working of the intellect will not mix well with emotions and feelings today, another warning to me to watch my words. 

My Thoth cards are the Prince of Wands and the Ace of Wands reversed.  Another powerful Knight! In the Thoth Tarot, the rank of Prince equals the rank of Knight.  The Prince/Knight of Wands (cusp of Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep, obsessive, and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) usually represents a person of passion, courage, enthusiasm and boundless energy; most definitely not background-type efforts.  My Knight adds passion to the analysis of the Knight of Swords above, and he tells me that I might see any conflict as a battle.  My armor will protect me, but will the end result be worth the fight? The Ace of Wands (Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells of the initial emanation of enthusiasm or inspiration that could very well energize an entire process or project.  Lots of Fiery energy here, and because my Ace is reversed, my own Will is already into the mixr.

My Legacy card is The Lovers, flavored by the Ace of Wands.  Bookends! The Lovers (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts, quick and animated, intellectual, problems or challenges; Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, sociable, dual; Zayin, double-edged sword; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Binah, female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) tells of duality, union, and personal choices.  This card is about love, but it is also about our personal values and how they affect our choices, and the promises we make to others.  The Lovers present the two halves that when united are greater than the sum of their parts, in other words, The Lovers is about a unity that is necessary for fertility and creativity to have an effect.  Today I need to remember that uniting my choices will have consequences, and this might be just what I need to balance out my two Knightst.  My Lovers is being flavored by the Ace of Wands in an upright position.  More balance for all the Air and Fire in my spread today.  I like the fact that the upright Ace has appeared with The Lovers, telling me that my intellect and my wisdom will be added to the love I infuse into my day.

More about my Bookends card, the Ace of Wands.  Aces are interesting cards because they are about pure energy, without manifestation or personality traits at all, except for the purest example of the suit.  This means the Ace of Wands is pure Fire energy, not even physical-world burning yet. The Aces correspond to the sephira of Kether on the Tree of Life, and that sephira is the perfect metaphor for the Aces.  Kether represents the Sacred Essence so pure that it has not even separated into male and female, force and form.  Fire is a passionately transformative element, but that passion and that transformation is not yet manifesting.  I am the catalyst; I will make that manifestation happen!

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance. 

My horoscopes: “Name your terms! You can be flexible to the point of avoiding commitment, Sagittarius, but as the Moon in your balanced seventh house teams up with pot-stirring Uranus today, you may just surprise a close collaborator in business or life with your unadulterated demands. The stars encourage you to express yourself without hesitation, as the object of your communication will eventually come around to your side anyway. Just do it with a smile and a laugh.

And: “It is a terrific day for you in which you will find that your jovial approach to every situation is just what the doctor ordered. Spend time with children and enjoy their magical world. Spread your love and affection around to the people who surround you. Make sure that the corners of people's mouths are turning up instead of down. A friendly attitude will take you quite far.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment