Wednesday, August 20, 2014

7/21/14

Judgement/King of Swords reversed.  Judgement corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Pluto (power, metamorphosis, cycles of dying and becoming), Shin (fang), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Hod (provides analysis and communication) and represents an opportunity to tally up and pay the bill so we can have a fresh start.  Crowley calls this car Aeon, and sees it as representing a final step that ends an issue of the past and at the same time brings us forward.  Deliberately releasing and leaving behind the things that no longer serve me is not so easy to accomplish, but I am being told that today it might be worth the effort because the time to step ahead is approaching.  The King of Swords (cusp of Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, cautious, cunning, authoritative, and Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, aloof) in an upright position is a good judge of people and situations. He uses his intellect to analyze, so he may not be compassionate but he is trustworthy, and he can be trusted to fiercely stand by his decisions.  My King is reversed, and I need to have a care today as far as analysis related to situations in which I am perceived as an authority, and as far as analysis related to any personal choices I may choose to make.  I may not be as effective as I think I am.

My Thoth cards are the Eight of Swords (“Interference”) and the Queen of Swords.  The Eight of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable talkative, dual) in an upright position tells of a confused and restrictive response to obstacles, or maybe perceived obstacles.  The Interference represented by this card exists within the workings of my mind; I can overcome it but I must do so in a balanced way.  I should remember that sometimes it is best to allow that Interference to run its course.   The Queen of Swords (cusp of Virgo, “I serve,” practical, sensible, work and service oriented, and Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, grace) can be considered a Minor Arcana representation of the Justice card, which is about responsibility and the relationship between “cause” and “effect.”  The main difference is that while Justice is about the law, the Queen of Swords is about the intent behind the law.  Oh, I get this!  The King of Swords is reversed because he is the authority figure, the one who enforces the law, and today needs to be less about enforcing and more about understanding why the laws are there in the first place.  This attempt to understand might throw a monkey wrench in the day, but by tonight I just might be glad of that “Interference.” 

My Legacy card is the Page of Swords reversed, flavored by the Seven of Wands reversed.  The Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) in an upright position encourages us to use our mind and intellect to analyze our situations as well as our emotions and feelings.  I had this card yesterday, too, also reversed.  Because I do have the upright Queen of Swords today, and because the upright Page of Swords can sometimes represent spying or secretive behavior, I think I will focus on being real open and above board in my intellectual dealings.  My reversed Page of Swords is being flavored by another reversed card, the reversed Seven of Wands.  The Seven of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, natural leader, egotistical, selfish) in an upright position reminds me that my own judgment is worth relying on, so I should have confidence in that judgment.  This card also reminds me to choose my projects carefully, and then stand by them until the end.  The Legacy Seven of Wands has a personal message to me whether upright or reversed: a test is coming.  To me, this reversed Seven of Wands is similar to the reversed Judgement card at the beginning of this spread.  I’m being cautioned coming and going today, and I’m being reminded that everything is connected and everything has consequences.  Choose carefully. 

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that tells of the pause that occurs as growth slows and degeneration approaches, usually requiring a choice of some kind.

My horoscopes: “Time to do a little update on your mental state. You are a truth-seeking kind of person, Sagittarius, though it can be more intellectual and passionate than intuitive at times. However, as the Moon in your intense eighth house opposes penetrating Pluto today, you have a rare chance to not just pontificate about your theory of human behavior—but actually be the human who feels and deals with his or her baggage. Hint: A close person may be the catalyst for this inner transformation. Don't unleash your fury, but rather question why you have it.

And: “Group events taking place at churches, meditation centers, and other places with a spiritual orientation could draw you near. You might want to attend a service or program at one of them. Don't be surprised if some profound insights come to you that shed some light on a current situation you might be dealing with. Write them down, otherwise they might escape you later.


$>

No comments:

Post a Comment