Saturday, August 23, 2014

8/22/14

The Moon/The Hermit reversed. The Moon of the Tarot Major Arcana corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same), Pisces (“I believe,” feeling, suffering, soul growth, duality), Qof (the back of the head), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), is about feelings and emotions and instincts and the subconscious.  This card tells of falsehood and illusion and the Dark Night of Soul, and about magick and mystery. The Moon also tells of being either drawn to or susceptible to the effects of these things, and since feelings and the imagination can be beneficial or harmful, I will need to be aware of my responses to situations today.. The Hermit corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, practical and stable energy that is slow to change), as well as Virgo (“I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented, orderly), Yod (open hand, touch), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured), and is about searching within for a deeper meaning, often through solitude bordering on discomfort.  The Hermit tells us that in order to release the past and achieve something of value, the work must be done internally, usually involving solitude to the point of discomfort, and with an outward mantle of “business as usual.”  Like The High Priestess, he deals with hidden or not obvious knowledge, however The Hermit understands that his knowledge is insignificant when compared to what he does not know.  He also acknowledges that the maintenance of his solitude requires will power.  My Hermit is reversed, and while I may be longing for this solitude, isolation may not be the answer, particularly with The Moon in my cards. 

My Thoth cards are the Queen of Disks reversed and the Ten of Cups (“Satiety”). The Queen of Disks (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly.  Crowley sees this Queen as striving to manifest pleasurable surroundings without going overboard, and because my Queen is reversed, that is exactly what the problem might be today, going overboard.  The upright Queen of Disks tends to enjoy the pleasures of the senses, and I am good at that; therein lies the root of the imbalance. The Ten of Cups (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, spirituality, suffering and growth) offers the manifestation of happiness, simple joys, and fulfillment. The number Ten is about the completion of a cycle or manifestation, and the suit of Cups is about emotions, feelings and the inner self, so this card offers the bounty that comes with the successful experiencing of all the lessons of the Cups cards.  Uncle Al sees this one in a more negative way, for he believes perfect success may bring exactly what we hoped for, no more and no less.  No challenges to be found, so lethargy gains a foothold.  These two cards together are warning me about what could derail the day; okay then, no solitude and no lethargy.  Check.

My Legacy card is The High Priestess, flavored by the Six of Swords.  Wow, The Moon, The Hermit, and The High Priestess in the same throw, with the Six of Swords added into the mix.  Nice!  All of my cards are good today. The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), is one-half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, with The Empress being the other half. The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician (who is also in my spread today), the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries.  She is the Gatekeeper who determines whether I am ready to experience the Mysteries, and she is somewhat removed from everyday life although her mind is receptive.   I think she is the most important influence for the day, because no matter what happens, I will receive learning opportunities.  My High Priestess is being flavored by the Six of Swords. The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) in an upright position is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective).  I love this card because it is how I learn and grow; today this message is particularly relevant to me.  I can’t heal unless I understand why things are happening, and sometimes I need to remember that I can’t control the catalyst that is causing the events, I can only control how I choose to react to them.  I need to react while keeping in mind the “how” and “why” of the situation.  That would probably be the exact advice of The High Priestess.  See what I mean?  Great cards!

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a conscious and deliberate response to the pause and beginning of degeneration of the number 7, in order to maintain for a bit longer the balance and harmony of the number 6. 

My horoscopes: “Zoom ahead! It's your time of year to plot out your long-range plans, as the Sun marches into your professional tenth house for a monthlong stay. Even though others may check out for the rest of the summer, this is your time to roll up your sleeves and get to work. Where do you want to be in your career in a year? And what other major life milestone do you want to achieve? You have cosmic permission to envision your professional destiny—and come up with a reasonable way to make it all happen.

And: “Suddenly you have found your energy again and your engine is oiled up and ready to go. Put yourself into high gear and don't let anything stand in your way. If disagreements with others arise today, try to keep focused on the lessons that come from the situation, instead of dwelling on the negative aspects of it. Take things to a higher level and don't be afraid to suggest radical change.


$>

No comments:

Post a Comment