Wednesday, July 31, 2013

7/31/13


Page of Wands/Seven of Cups. The Page of Wands (Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic noble egotistical; and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) is a fun guy to be around, unless you have a migraine. He is telling me that enthusiasm and originality are the things to strive for today.  I am being told that I have the ability to handle what comes at me; okay then.  The Seven of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, obsessive, mysterious) represents the distraction, sensory overload and dissipation that can happen when we are presented with too many enticing choices. The traditional image of the Seven of Cups shows seven cups, each filled with what appears to be a wonderful gift: the Wreath (Saturn and The World); the Castle (Mars and The Tower), the Woman (Venus and The Empress); the Snake (Mercury and The Magician); the Veil (the Moon and The High Priestess), the Jewels (Jupiter and The Wheel of Fortune), and the Dragon (our Sun and The Sun). Yep, all Major Arcana cards, so these choices are important.  I wonder if the enthusiasm and confidence of that Page will serve me when I try to deal with this Cups card.

My Thoth card is the Prince of Disks reversed. The Thoth Prince is the same as the Knight.  The Knight of Disks (cusp of Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) tells of persistence to the point of being stubborn, and caution to the point of being boring.  I am being told that plans need to be implemented as written, not quite what my Page of Wands wants.  But taking care of details means that nothing will fall through the cracks.

My Legacy card is Temperance, flavored by the Ten of Wands reversed. Temperance corresponds with Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Samekh (the tent post), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world of action and outer reality) and Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify), and this card presents one version of the concept of balance: balance achieved through knowledge and experience of extremes. The message of this card is very important to me today.  I can deal with the extremes because I’ve already experienced them.  The Ten of Wands (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) in an upright position tells of being taxed to some perceived limit, or of feeling as if we are out of gas at the bottom of a hill.  My card is reversed, and flavoring Temperance.  Good!  I should sleep well tonight, after being able to handle the events of the day through the right mix of taking care of myself and challenging myself.

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.

My horoscopes: “Take a time-out today and relax a little, Sagittarius. Let your romantic nature have some fun. Don't feel guilty about not being as serious as you think you should be. The day's winner is the one who can smile the most. Enter this contest with the intention of winning. The rewards will last a long time. The people you encounter won't be able to help but smile back.”

And: “Try to be persistent and don't give up the fight today. It might seem as if you are making no progress what so ever and that it gets harder and harder to make a decisions about anything. This is no reason to give up. You will find that in truth, other people are just as confused as you are. Find a clever way to verbally express what you feel. You can sort the issues out with the help of others as long as you are in touch with your own inner state.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding The Moon.  This is a card of illusions and distortions, yet it is also about creative visions and seeing things in an unusual way.  Dealing with the energies of this card require a bit of caution, but this mingling of dark and light can illuminate our world in new ways. 

Well, it has been a crazy few days.  Lots of churning energies, lots of stable situations being up-ended.  I guess I am being told that I need a bit of shaking up.  I am doing okay, struggling to keep up, but I knew this was going to be a busy year. 

I will be co-teaching the Chair Yoga Class with another YTT student for the month of August!  I am excited about this opportunity, and I am looking forward to teaching the classes.  I also started working on my last Third Degree Lesson, finally.  I hope to have it completed before going on vacation in August.  Progress!!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment