Thursday, July 4, 2013

7/4/13


Eight of Pentacles reversed/Ace of Wands. The Eight of Pentacles (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) in an upright position tells us that diligence and an awareness of details is important today.  However, because my Eight of Pentacles is reversed, I may end up missing some important details.  This could very well happen because I feel as if I’m in a rut; there is danger in repetitive steps mainly because we assume we know what is going to happen. The Ace of Wands (Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells of the initial emanation of enthusiasm or inspiration that could very well energize an entire process or project.  Like all the Aces, this emanation is presented as potential only, but oh boy, what potential.  I may feel that I am ready to tackle anything today, ready and prepared.

My Thoth card is the Six of Cups.  “Pleasure” is the keyword for this one. The Six of Cups (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, compulsive, deep, obsessive) is a card of innocence, emotional balance and harmony, of simple joy that begets even more simple joy by infecting all around us.  Crowley sees this card as being filled with emotional possibilities because of its harmony, and he considers this one pretty much the best card in the entire deck.  Okay, then!

My Legacy card is the Three of Swords reversed, flavored by the Nine of Pentacles reversed. The Three of Swords (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) in an upright position usually indicates the possibility that logic, rationalizing and the intellect could end up causing harm if they are not used with balance and compassion. The conflict hinted at by the upright card usually indicates an inability to patch things up, but today the issues won’t be as bad as I think they are. The Nine of Disks (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) in an upright position tells of accomplishment through the imposition of discipline. My reversed Nine is flavoring my reversed Three of Swords, and perhaps it is warning me that if I organize my life in too disciplined a manner, my senses become dulled and I end up missing opportunities to nourish that pleasure and simple joy being offered by my Six of Cups above.

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.

My horoscopes: “You're very tolerant toward a particular person in your entourage, which is probably due to your generous nature, Sagittarius. You think everyone should have his or her own experiences and setbacks. After all, we learn from our mistakes. Sometimes you aren't very humble, but your friends are lucky to have someone they can count on.

And: “Spread your wings out to the world. Now is a great time to go on a long trip, or at least begin planning one. Explore the far reaches of your horizons, both literally and figuratively. Join with others who share a similar spiritual mission. By reaching out to new and different people today, you make possible some unforgettable experiences that will have a positive impact on your life.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding Strength.  This is such an intriguing card, because it talks not of physical strength, but rather of compassion and tempered force.  They say you can’t lead a horse to water, but by using your own belief that the horse needs to drink, and a bit of gentle, tempered persuasion, it will happen.

We’ve got company this long holiday weekend, and I anticipate having an awesome time.  This morning we biked to Point Park and walked the trail, then we spent the afternoon on the beach.  Tonight, lobster and fireworks!

Happy 4th of July!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment