Monday, July 8, 2013

7/8/13


The Horned One/The High Priestess.  Wwwhhhoooaaahh!  Cool cards. The Horned One/The Devil (Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Capricorn (“I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning), Ayin (the eye, senses), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Tipareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) tells of being caught up in the physical world and the effects of the physical senses, to the point of being bound or addicted to those things. The Llewellyn Welsh Tarot does not see the Devil as a more negative card (hence the name, “The Horned One”).  Today the call of the wild and primal world of Nature may be a huge draw for me. The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), is one-half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, with The Empress being the other half. The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician, the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries.  She reminds me to listen to my intuition, to be open and receptive to all messages, and to be aware of everything.  Having her alongside my Horned One tells me that there might be some potent information or messages found within the natural world today, so I need to pay attention and remain balanced.  These two are powerful, and they are a lot to live up to!!

My Thoth card is the Four of Cups reversed.  “Luxury” is the keyword for the upright Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody), which tells us that too much pleasure, or maybe too much nurturing or overprotectiveness, deadens the senses.  Because my card is reversed, I most likely won’t get lost in dreams of what could be; a good thing today, with the two cards above and the energies they bring.

My Legacy card is Judgement reversed, flavored by The Star.  Okay, then! Judgement corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Pluto (power, metamorphosis, cycles of dying and becoming), Shin (fang), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Hod (provides analysis and communication) and in an upright position represents an opportunity to tally up and pay the bill so we can have a fresh start.  My Judgement is reversed today, and that could mean that my efforts to tie up loose ends and pay what I owe have been successful!  My reversed Judgement card is being flavored by another Major Arcana card that seems to validate this interpretation. The Star (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness; Qof, back of head; the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and outer, physical reality, and Netzach, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) is the “good will to all” card, and while it can hint at some unexpected darkness, it also tells me to be of strong heart, for things will turn out okay in the end.  Since The Star is flavoring my reversed Judgement card, I am being told this exact thing.  All is well!

My 6-digit date number is 10, the end of a cycle, which reduces further to 1, the number of position and possibility. 

My New Moon Pearls of Wisdom card is the Six of Pentacles reversed. The Six of Pentacles (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Taurus, “I have,” Sensual, cautious, stubborn) brings an awareness of resources to the situation, both those that I have and those that I don’t have, in both the upright and reversed position. The Pearls of Wisdom Six of Pentacles tells of generosity, blessings, and joyous deliverance.  It tells of the coming resolution of a difficulty, or the approach of some breakthrough.  Since my card is reversed, that resolution might be difficult to find, but it is out there, waiting for me.

My horoscopes: “Put your reservations aside, Sagittarius, and go for the thing your heart desires most. Throw caution to the wind and make it happen. Today's energy urges you to take charge of your life and conquer new territory. There's dynamism about the day that could leave you behind unless you latch onto the trend and make it work for you

And: “Do not turn down any opportunities today, even if they seem like dead-end roads at first. This one could be your lucky break. Realize that success doesn't always have a big neon sign pointing you in the right direction. Prosperity simply comes because we act freely and instinctively. This is one of those days in which an unmarked door can lead you to the yellow brick road of happiness and well-being.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Six of Cups.  Perfect!!  Simple joys and innocent companionship.  In the end, joy and love and acceptance, no matter what brought us to this moment, will attract to us what we want the most. 

I’ve prepared my final draft of a Yoga class centering, and should be doing it before a live class over the next week or so.  My teacher has also just announced that during August, we YTT trainees will be teaching actual classes.  Yay!!  Also, I have been given the opportunity to work one-on-one with a current student at Stone Yoga, and I am thrilled.  I feel the training is working, and I am confident that I can do this.

Time to catch up on some emails.  Progress!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment