Wednesday, July 17, 2013

7/17/13


Ten of Wands/Page of Pentacles. The Ten of Wands (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) tells of being taxed to some perceived limit, or of feeling as if we are out of gas at the bottom of a hill. I know exactly what this is referring to.  This heat has me dragging, and I am falling behind in my emails and such. I might be able to get a better handle on things by the weekend, if I can survive until then. The Page of Pentacles (Aries, “I want,” assertive, action oriented, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual) is down-to-earth and responsible, and a listener and a learner. The Page of Pentacles loves to learn new things and have new experiences, but he also loves to also be a catalyst for change in the physical world, change for everyone.   Today, he is reminding me that even in the midst of a heat wave, I can make things fun.

My Thoth card is Lust (Strength) reversed. Interesting that Uncle Al named the Strength card “Lust.” The Strength card (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic energy; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical; Teth, sieve or basket, digestion; and the Path between Geburah, the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed, and Chesed, the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured) is about having the strength and the patience to endure and focus.  Crowley sees this card as representing magickal power, and that makes sense because we need to have an ability to focus, and an ability to have patience, in order to work with magick.  This card is not about having do-or-die fortitude, but rather, fortitude that allows us to do or accomplish things that please us.  Again, it makes sense that this card is reversed; finding our get-up-and-go amidst a heat wave is not always easy. 

My Legacy card is the Two of Wands, flavored by the Queen of Cups reversed. The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) tells of power, influence and authority. Possibilities and potential, and the power and skill and awareness to make use of them . . . not bad.  My Two of Wands is being flavored by the reversed Queen of Cups. The Queen of Cups (cusp of Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, and Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) in an upright position represents the energies of Water and The High Priestess manifested into the Minor Arcana.  The card in a reversed position could be again referring to the heat-induced lethargy that is affecting me.  But paired with that Two of Wands, this reversed Queen may slow me down, but she won’t stop me.

My 6-digit date number is 10, the number that tells of the end of a cycle; it reduces further to 1, the number of potential and position. 

My horoscopes: “Romance blossoms for you, Sagittarius, perhaps after a long standstill. A new stability and security may settle on love relationships as well as close friendships. Children could be a great source of warmth and pleasure. You might want to channel some of this blossoming positive energy into a creative activity of some kind, which should increase even further your sense of contentment and well-being.

And: “People may be coming at you from all angles today, and they want answers from you. Try to keep your head on straight and go with the flow. The key to floating through this day with flying colors is to keep your stress level down. Getting upset about any one thing will paralyze you. People may be revealing their sob stories to you today. Try not to get overwhelmed by their drama. Show them how to have a good time.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Eight of Cups.  The Eight of Cups in most cards tells of leaving something behind.  I love the image of this one, diving down to the quiet depths of the sea, where there are no distractions at all.  A perfect place to consider where I am right now, and where I may want to end up tomorrow.  Feelings and emotions are the things to be considered here, as well as dreams for the future.  Can’t manifest ‘em unless I like ‘em. 

Led the pre-class centering and the post-class relaxation this evening at the power flow class.  Yessss!  Now to get some emails taken care of.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment