Wednesday, July 3, 2013

7/3/13


Knight of Pentacles/Queen of Cups reversed. The Knight of Pentacles (cusp of Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) tells of persistence to the point of being stubborn, and caution to the point of being boring. He is not good at dealing with emotions, and indeed prefers more predictable focuses. The Queen of Cups (cusp of Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, and Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) represents the energies of Water and The High Priestess manifested into the Minor Arcana, and if this card were upright, it might balance out that Earthy Knight. Perhaps I am being warned that emotions and feelings need to be applied as well as predictability and perseverance.  Okay!

My Thoth card is the Knight of Disks.  Actually, the rank of Knight in the Thoth Tarot is King. The Knight/King of Disks (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) is the expert on physical world manifestation of all kinds.  He is responsible and reliable and calm, no matter what he faces.  He is good at managing physical world resources, and he shares what he has.  Being business-minded is good, but too much ambition can be a heavy distraction.

My Legacy card is The Fool reversed, flavored by the Knight of Wands.  Another Knight! The Fool corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and challenges that tend to require the use of the intellect to solve), Uranus (technology, science, radical change), Aleph (the head, youthful learning) and the Path between Chokmah (male in the electric sense, dynamic energy and the origin of vital force and polarity) and Kether (the source; limitless possibility).  The Fool is the spark that begins the idea, and the neutral powers of creativity.  He is reversed, however, and he could be telling me to hold back a bit, and maybe plan a little.  Not so the Knight of Wands, which is flavoring my reversed Fool! The Knight of Wands (cusp of Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep, obsessive, and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) usually represents a person of passion, courage, enthusiasm and boundless energy; most definitely not background-type efforts.  The Knight of Wands is a warrior who is confident enough and passionate enough to jump into the fray and protect what he thinks is important.  Perhaps he is reminding my Fool to think before acting, and to make certain any cause chosen is worthy.  Good advice, that!
           
My 6-digit date number is 5, the number that tells of motion which dispels stagnation.

My horoscopes: “You have the tendency to plan everything, Sagittarius. You need to feel in charge of things. Today you should try to listen to others around you. Let yourself go for a while, even though you aren't used to it. Furthermore, you need to develop your personality. You can do this by opening up to others.”

And, the second horoscope was not up.  Mercury Retro strikes again!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Two of Pentacles.  This is a lovely card of dynamic balance as it is manifested in the physical world.  And the image on this card shows literal balance, on one foot, up high, with Fae helping the juggling process (and we all know how good that is!).  It can be done, eh?

I received word today that I’ve passed the next to the last Lesson of Third Degree, and I may move on to the last Lesson, which focuses on the Alchemic Great Work.  I’ve done that before!  This Lesson is going to be fun!

Another Wild Unknown Tarot Card.  The Ace of Wands.  The image on this one is great, a Wand surrounded by emanating orange lines.  Exactly what happens when we experience inspiration!  The idea is thrust outward with a bang, and illuminated clearly with bright light.  What happens next is up to us, but this card makes me very aware of the power of potential!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment