Wednesday, July 10, 2013

7/10/13


Queen of Cups reversed/Eight of Pentacles reversed.  That’s a clear message.  The Queen of Cups (cusp of Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, and Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) in an upright position represents the energies of Water and The High Priestess manifested into the Minor Arcana.  The card in a reversed position could be indicating some disconnect or imbalance regarding feelings and emotions, too much or too little.  The Eight of Pentacles (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) in an upright position tells us that diligence and an awareness of details is important.  The reversed Eight of Pentacles could be offering a reason for the disconnect being presented by the Queen, a lack of focus on details.  Perhaps just knowing that this disconnect is happening and that it could be happening because of an emotional imbalance might be enough to lessen the consequences. 

My Thoth card is the Eight of Cups.  The keyword for this one is “Indolence.”  The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) tells of an ending or a decline or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions, and it offers one possible response to that decline or change: moving on. Crowley sees this one as the hangover card!  Perhaps I need more than awareness, perhaps I need to cut my losses and look in a new direction. 

My Legacy card is The World reversed, flavored by the Two of Swords.  This pair makes sense too.  The World, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, stable and practical energy that is slow to change), Saturn (discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance), Thav (mark or sign), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world) is a card of integration and involvement and understanding, a crystallization of the entire issue at hand.  This card is reversed, and again I am seeing a potential for apathy or withdrawal.  The Two of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), which is flavoring my reversed World card, represents a time of not looking or of shutting out the world.  The serenity of this card happens because we are vigilant and on guard, and because we choose to not receive or acknowledge as valid the information that comes to us from the outside.  Is this good?  Or bad?  Only time will tell, but there is a danger here of not deciding.  Shutting out the world for too long can be another source of imbalance.

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a new creation out of the possibility and position of the Ace, and the balance, polarity, and energy of “distance between” of the two.

My horoscopes: “It's time to put your plans in motion, Sagittarius. There's a very expansive energy urging you to reach out and make valuable connections with others. Remember that many hands make light work. Don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it. There are many outstretched hands waiting to help you in whatever way you need.”

And: “If you've been thinking about trying your hand at writing, this is the day to get started. Your mind is particularly sharp and your imagination rich. Unusual developments, mostly positive, could take place in your neighborhood today. However, the facts about exactly what's going on might not be known right now, and so a lot of unfounded rumors could circulate. Reserve forming any opinions until you know the truth.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Six of Cups.  Such a beautiful card.  This one reminds us that it is only the mind that is unfettered by expectations that can find joy, peace and fulfillment in whatever life offers.  Got lemons?  Make lemonade, and invite over some friends!

Today was a milestone day for me, at least as far as Yoga Teacher Training is concerned.  A regular Yoga teacher was absent today, and I volunteered to demo for the substitute.  Imagine my surprise when that substitute announced in the middle of the class that I would be teaching the next few asanas!  I did well, and I think one reason that I felt so comfortable was that I did not have time to indulge in stage fright.

The worst (teaching for the first time) is over, and I survived.  Awesome!!

The next awesome thing that happened is that I have been assigned a gentle Yoga student, for one-on-one teaching practice.  Yay!

Finally, my power flow teacher has asked me to do the beginning centering and ending relaxation for next Wednesday’s class. 

Progress, with a capital “P”!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment