Friday, July 19, 2013

7/19/13


Five of Cups reversed/Knight of Wands. The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) tells of an emotional setback or disappointment, or perhaps the belief that a wrong choice has been made.  There is a sense of isolation that comes with the upright card, but my Five is reversed, so perhaps, just perhaps, I’ve been able to learn the lesson of the Cups cards: happiness comes from within. The Knight of Wands (cusp of Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep, obsessive, and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) usually represents a person of passion, courage, enthusiasm and boundless energy; most definitely not background-type efforts.  The Knight of Wands is a warrior who is confident enough and passionate enough to jump into the fray and protect what he thinks is important.  Perhaps he is reminding my Fool to think before acting, and to make certain any cause chosen is worthy.

My Thoth card is the Six of Cups reversed.  “Pleasure” is the keyword for the upright card. The Six of Cups (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, compulsive, deep, obsessive) is a card of innocence, emotional balance and harmony, of simple joy that begets even more simple joy by infecting all around us.  Crowley sees the upright Six of Cups as being filled with emotional possibilities because of its harmony, but my card is reversed.  Perhaps I am forgetting that the best joy is simple, inexpensive, and not bound by expectations.  I need to just let things happen and get pleasure from the results.

My Legacy card is the Page of Cups, flavored by the King of Coins. The Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering); it is a card of soft and tender energies and of getting fulfillment through connections to others and through innocent and simple joys. I see this one as being related to the Six of Cups, and perhaps my Page is jumping up and down, waving his arms and yelling: “Listen to me!  Don’t worry, be happy!”  The card flavoring my Page is the King of Coins. The King of Coins (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) is the expert on managing resources and on the physical world manifestation of all kinds.  The King is supporting the message of my Page, and reminding me that happiness can be found within the world around me, as well as within my feelings and emotions.

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a creation out of the potential and position of the Ace, and the balance, polarity and energy of “distance between” of the Two.

My horoscopes: “Enjoy yourself, Sagittarius. You have a lot to be grateful for, so give thanks. Take pride in all you've accomplished so far and share your joy with others. Let go of the reins and sit back comfortably for a while. You've worked hard for a reason - to enjoy life. If you don't do it now, then when? Take time out and be with loved ones tonight.

And: “You might be feeling a bit off kilter today, and it may seem like your head did not quite get screwed on correctly this morning. Don't sweat the small stuff, and realize that many people are feeling just as spaced out as you are. Use the day's energies to indulge in your fantasies and share intimate moments with loved ones. Be careful not to overindulge in escapism. It may be hard for you to come back to earth at all

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Eight of Cups.  I’ve had this a few times recently.  Traditionally, this card shows someone walking away from the Cups, but the Shadowscapes Insight Eight of Cups has a different message: find sensual enjoyment from diving deep, from moving with confidence into the quiet and dark.  The path ahead may be unknown, but there is great power in choosing to move to a different place.

Another Wild Unknow Tarot: The Six of Swords.  The image on this one is a pile of Swords at the bottom of the card, surrounded by darkness; across the top of the card is light, and the border between the darkness and light is a rainbow.  My first reaction to this image was that despite the weight of the darkness, there is still hope.  I could hear the words to the song, “There’s Got To Be A Morning After”; moving toward that bright ending just might be the perfect step.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment