Friday, July 27, 2012

Five of Cups/The Chariot.  The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) tells of an emotional setback or a lack of support.  “Disappointment” is Crowley’s keyword, and it works.  Stirring up the calm waters of the Four of Cups can at least temporarily dredge up some sludge; better to give the waters a bit of time to clear before looking into them.  The Chariot, which corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, emotional and imaginative energy that likes to stay the same or follow the same course), Cancer (“I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody), Cheth (the fence), and the Path between Geburah (the place where forms and structure are challenged or affirmed) and Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure), tells of having the control necessary to focus on goals, and to avoid distractions. My Chariot is reversed, and since we are in the midst of another heat wave, this card really does make sense to me.  I am having a bit of trouble with the heat this summer; nothing terrible physically, but my brain gets foggy.

My Thoth card is the Knight of Swords.  The Knight of Swords (the cusp of Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, intelligent) is brave, insightful, courageous, and logical, rude, domineering, critical and sarcastic.  This Knight in an upright position is about someone whose mind is filled with ideas, ideas that sometimes bounce off each other and create chaos.  My Knight is reversed, and there just might not be a strong enough connection to those ideas for chaos.  Gotta be careful.

My Legacy card is the Seven of Cups reversed, flavored by the Ten of Wands.  The Seven of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, obsessive, mysterious) represents the distraction and dissipation that can happen when we are presented with enticing choices, but thankfully my Seven of Cups is reversed, especially since the Four of Cups has also shown up today.  Since the reversed Seven of Cups is flavoring my reversed Ace of Swords today, while I may not be too proficient at wielding my Will, I should be at least able to make coherent choices.  The Ten of Wands (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) is a card which tells of being taxed to some perceived limit.  My Ten of Wands is reversed, which is good.  I have a lot to get done today, and this card tells me that while I may be tired at the end of the day (sounds like a soak in my tub may be in order, eh?), I will accomplish much.

My 6-digit date number is 2, the number of balance, polarity, and the concept of “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “If you aren't paying close attention today, Sagittarius, you might miss what's said. Important information is being relayed quickly, so don't miss out on the action. It may not be important for you to agree with everything you hear, but at least listen to it and seriously consider incorporating elements into your point of view. Don't dismiss other opinions just because they're new and different from your own.”

And: “This will be a great day for you! In your family life, your children, grandchildren, or your brothers or sisters may give you a lot of their excess energy. It's up to you to take care of them! It's your turn to plan things in your family. And you won't have any trouble with this task. Hey, have you ever thought about being some kind of planner or organizer for a living?”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Ten of Pentacles.  Hmmmm . . . lots of Pentacles cards lately, eh?  The Ten of Pentacles is a card of attainment and accomplishment, usually in some way connected to the physical world, and usually attained through traditional and conventional methods.  Usually the benefits accumulated here are the result of a long-term effort, and the time may be here to enjoy these benefits for a bit. 

Despite the storms early last evening, we ended up having a great get-together at the Wayne Contingency of the Pagan Brain Trust.  As always, dinner was quite tasty, and we had The Cake for dessert.  I was looking forward to talking with everyone because of the discomfort I have been feeling these past few days; I was hoping to find a bit of clarity for myself by attempting to explain what I was feeling.  The interesting thing was that I found I am not the only one feeling this sense that things have changed in a way I can’t put my finger on, and that connections that used to be clear and strong were now cloudy and at times obliterated by static. 

We all laughed (with all due respect to Danu) as I described how I had gone to my Patroness and asked her why I was feeling this way and what I needed to do to get back on track with my learning, growth and evolution, and how She had given me a typical “Goddess response”: “The answers will come to you when the time is right, so continue on to the best of your ability and be alert and watchful so you don’t miss those answers.”  We all agreed that in a way, this was reassuring, as it meant we were all doing the right thing.  It would have been less calming of Danu told me to stop what I was doing instantly, after all. 

My Touchstones entry for today is relevant to my recent discomfort and validates my effort to acquire an answer from Danu, and Her response to me.  “We can decide with our will to follow a spiritual direction, to turn our life and will over to the care of our God.  We cannot control what God will do with them.”  In the end, when no other answers appear, this is what I mostly choose to do, and in doing this, I open myself to whatever answer appears.  The cool thing about this is that “[w]e learn that after making our decision, our Higher Power takes over.  Now, it is possible to be released from our own trying, to move beyond our own efforts by falling into the caring hands of God.”  I have never, ever been disappointed when I have gone to my Patroness, asked for help, and placed the results and the answers (and their manifestation) into Her hands.  I have asked Her what is the right focus for me, and She has told me that when the time is right, I will know what direction to take; in the mean time, I am to practice a new kind of patience.  The patience that involves fulfilling my obligations to the best of my ability, while I am waiting for an indication of where to go and what to do. 

My cards today seem to be not pointing in any one direction (besides some emotional discomfort) as well.  Perhaps a weekend at the beach with friends, and a focus on metabolic discipline, will help to bring a return of clarity.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment