Thursday, July 26, 2012

Justice/Queen of Swords reversed.  Justice is a card of adjustment, and it corresponds with the element of Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick, animated energy that usually brings problems or challenges that bring growth), Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Lamed (ox goad; training or teaching), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Geburah (the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed).  Justice tells of enlightenment, and it reminds us that while its laws and rules may at times mimic those of man, the laws and rules represented by the Justice card have a Higher Author.  This card also tells of the systems and principles that keep our Universe balanced; they are difficult to mess with without incurring consequences.  The Queen of Swords (cusp of Virgo, “I serve,” practical, sensible, work and service oriented, and Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, grace) can be considered a Minor Arcana representation of the Justice card.  Upright, she is open, up front, alert and hard to fool, but today she is reversed.  I am being told that my own ability to judge may not be good today, but if I trust in the Universe, I will be taken care of.  I should also remember that today it is not my job to judge myself or others; rather, I should allow Deity to do that, and abide by what I am told.

My Thoth card is the Six of Disks.  “Success” is Crowley’s keyword for this card, and the success referenced here is usually connected in some way to the physical world.  The Six of Disks (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Taurus, “I have,” Sensual, cautious, stubborn) brings an awareness of resources to the situation, or a lack thereof.  Crowley tends to like all the 6 cards, but still sees this card as being a bit heavy.  Still, even Crowley describes the Six of Pentacles of bringing a healthy balance of need and resources; he just makes sure to remind us that this time of balance is only temporary.

My Legacy card is The Sun reversed, flavored by Faith.  The Sun corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), our Sun (the inner core of a person or situation), Resh (the face; reason), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest in the physical world) and Hod (provides analysis and communication), and tells of a time of enlightenment.  The Sun is halfway between The Tower and The Star, and it can represent a brief respite as well as an indication that personal power is returning.  My Sun is reversed today, and LOL, there could very well be a literal meaning here.  We are expecting strong and dangerous thunderstorms later today, and the sun will surely not be shining.  Faith/The Hierophant corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes), Taurus (“I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn), Vau (the nail which holds tradition in place), and the Path between Chesed (the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured), and Chokmah (dynamic male energy, the origin of vital force and polarity) is flavoring my reversed Sun, and in keeping with the literal interpretation of the reversed Sun, this card could be telling me to have faith that I will be safe, and to be sure that I pay attention to the experts and prepare with tried-and-true methods for the possibility of high winds, hail, and torrential downpours.  LOL, this has been your Tarot weather report. 

My 6-digit date number is 9, the number that represents the completeness of effect or manifestation.

My horoscopes: “You may be overwhelmed by an onslaught of communication from someone you didn't expect to hear from, Sagittarius. It could be that this person suddenly puts a monkey wrench in your plans. It's important to adapt and allow for the constant changes that are bound to come your way. Don't get so hung up on a certain way of doing things that you fail to see the wisdom in a new and different approach.

And: “”Focus more of your power on your home and family life. Take care of domestic issues and stick to household chores and duties. You will find that the more you do to your home, the more others will be inspired to pitch in and add their share of potatoes to the soup. You may find it difficult to connect with certain people, so it might be best to give yourself some time alone, as well.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Queen of Pentacles.  This Queen is the expert nurturer; she strives to make others feel safe and secure and productive and valuable, and in doing so, makes herself that way, too.  The Shadowscapes Companion says this about the Queen of Pentacles: “She is dedication, a protector, and one who is reliable and trustworthy.  She is willing to share the strength that is drawn down from the sustaining, golden power of life and warmth of the sun itself. . . .”  With this kind of focus, everyone turns out to be a winner.

Tonight, I visit my much-loved Pagan Brain Trust Wayne Contingency, that is, if we don’t experience what I call “end of days thunder storms” later.  I am looking forward to this visit, because I am hoping that talking about my ponderings of late will help me to find some answers, or at least some directions of focus.  And I am being patient here; my Patroness has told me that answers will appear at the right time, and I am merely watching carefully for them.  Sitting around the Sacred Table and talking to these friends has always had a calming effect on me, and I expect that tonight will be no exception.  LOL, the calm after the storm?  Maybe.

I have already seen some possible answers.  My dear friend Lilyth has had some rough times these past weeks, and adding to her stress (albeit a good and positive event!), she has had to pack up her entire household in under three weeks in order to move to California because her husband has gotten a great job there.  This is something that she and her husband have been working toward achieving for a while now, but of course the goal manifests just when she has begun to wind down from dealing with illnesses, multiple floods, and other stresses. 

Despite all of these challenges, my friend has managed to stay up-beat and optimistic.  LOL, she will laugh to read this, but in my eyes, she is an island of strength and sanity amidst the storms crashing around her.  And her faith in Deity, in the rightness of her Path, has remained one constant in her life.  If she can do this, so can I. 

I am still pulled towards a time of focus on my own Craft, on my own Practice, and I will make this focus happen.  I have people I can depend on, all around me, and with a bit of focus now on my responsibilities supporting the greater good of the group, I will be able to reacquaint myself with my personal practice without letting anyone else down.

Balance.  Balance is the key.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment