Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Fool/The Magician reversed.  The Fool corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and challenges that tend to require the use of the intellect to solve), Uranus (technology, science, radical change), Aleph (the head, youthful learning) and the Path between Chokmah (male in the electric sense, dynamic energy and the origin of vital force and polarity) and Kether (the source; limitless possibility).  The Fool is the spark that begins the idea, and he is potential not yet manifested, neither positive nor negative.  He is telling me to view the world with a child’s eyes, without expectations and walls and defenses.  The Magician also corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick and animated energy which usually presents problems or challenges), Mercury (reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication), Beth (house; builder) and the Path between Binah (female, receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Kether (the source, limitless possibility); he takes action with confidence and is willing to work hard to manifest his goals. The Magician is an individual, just like The Fool, but The Magician uses hard-won skills to manifest his chosen desires, while The Fool openly accepts whatever appears on his path.  Because my Magician is reversed, I will need to be careful that I don’t attempt to impose my expectations onto the energies of the day, because I just might ruin something good.

My Thoth card is the Ace of Swords reversed. The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) is about potential within the mental or intellectual realms.  Upright, this card  tells us of the formation of a personal identity which might cause a bit of isolation,  Crowley sees this Ace as being a bit passive in nature, but since it is reversed, the energies and potential of this card might be a bit easier to access.  However, the card is reversed, so caution is advised; the intellect is not infallible after all.

My Legacy card is the Ace of Swords, flavored by The Moon reversed.  Bookends again!  The Aces all offer potential rather than actual effects or manifestations.  The Ace of Swords offers potential within the realms of the intellect and the Will, as well as a reminder that these realms tend to offer neutral power, and it is the bearer of the sword who imposes either good or evil upon whatever manifests.  The Moon corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same), Pisces (“I believe,” feeling, suffering, soul growth, duality), Qof (the back of the head), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and talks about the imagination, perception, and fear of the unknown.  My Moon card is reversed, and it could be warning me that the potential presented by my Ace of Swords might be easily misread.  However, I should not allow fear to color my choices; rather, logic just might be more productive than fear or caution.

More about the Ace of Swords.  I usually see the suit of Swords as representing challenges that offer us the opportunity growth within the process of finding resolution of the challenges.  Most of the Swords cards in the Minor Arcana do present challenges.  Those challenges are almost always uncomfortable, but they are not overwhelming.  The Sword can be found within the symbolism of some of the Major Arcana cards as well.  One example is Justice, and the concept of justice is also a two-edged one.  Aces offer potential rather than manifestation or effect, so our expectations when we view our Ace of Swords are important.  Also important is the knowledge that our intentions are what imposes upon this potential the label of good or evil.  Unlike the Ace of Wands, which offers the potential for natural effects, manifesting the energies of the Ace of Swords always requires strength of mind, expectations and intentions in order to manifest.  Thus, an upright Ace of Swords is no guaranty that the end result will be good, and a reversed Ace of Swords does not mean disaster. 

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of the conscious and deliberate response to the slower growth and beginning of degeneration of the number 7, in order to maintain for a bit longer the harmony and balance of the number 6.

My horoscopes: “Things should be flowing quite well for you today, Sagittarius. Take this opportunity and use the energy to its full potential. Center yourself and look at the weeks ahead. Where do you want to be in two months? Where do you want to be in two years? Now is the time to take stock of what you've got and plan for future growth. You have a great deal going for you, so don't waste your time on frivolity.

And: “Indecisiveness may leave you standing at the bus stop after all the busses have already left. Make sure you hop on one that is going in your direction. Add your name to the roster of active participants. Today is not a day to stand around waiting for the opportunity to come to you. If you see something you believe in, move toward it. Act spontaneously and don't worry about the consequences at this time.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the King of Pentacles.  The Shadowscapes Insight King of Pentacles is the ruler of the material world; the entities who are his subjects look to him for protection and potential and fertility; he offers valuable guidance and stability; his roots reach deep, offer valuable nutrients, and keep his subjects in place and growing.  He shares as well, and everyone is invited to his table.

The heat and my busy weekends have been slowing me down on my Third Degree Assignment.  Yesterday and today, I have re-immersed myself into the paperwork connected to my Path of the Teacher.  I feel that I need to move forward on this. 

I have been feeling a bit of a pull towards a solitary practice.  Not that I will be walking out on my Coven, not by any means.  The interactions there keep that spark of excitement and challenge and evolution alive within me.  But I am having trouble balancing my Coven responsibilities with my personal practice of my Craft; I am sure that I will find harmony once again, with just a bit of focused awareness.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment