Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Justice/Four of Swords reversed.  Justice is a card of adjustment, and it corresponds with the element of Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick, animated energy that usually brings problems or challenges that bring growth), Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Lamed (ox goad; training or teaching), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Geburah (the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed).  Justice tells of enlightenment and an awareness of cause and effect; while the rules connected to Justice may be man-made, mostly they are presented by a Higher Power in order to impose Karma. The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) in an upright position can represent a pause or truce, but that’s not what today is about.  Today I will need to focus on adjustment rather than truce!

My Thoth card is the Nine of Swords. The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  Crowley calls this card “Cruelty,” and usually it is self-imposed.  This is about desolation and the sense that no one can help us or understand us; however, even the darkest night is followed by dawn.

My Legacy card is The Star reversed, flavored by the Three of Swords.  Eeep! The Star (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Aquarius; Qof, back of head; the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and outer, physical reality, and Netzach, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) is the “good will to all” card.  Upright, it is about optimism and faith, but since my Star is reversed, I may have trouble seeing things in a positive way today. The Three of Swords (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) usually indicates the possibility that logic, rationalizing and the intellect could end up causing harm if they are not used with balance and compassion.  I don’t like this card, but since it is a Swords card, it is about the perceptions I create.  Events may seem hopeless, but if I allow my own mind to create bad scenarios, or if I allow the perceptions of others to bring me down, then I might create the very event I am fearing.

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number of movement that gets rid of stagnation. 

My horoscopes: “Take a break from your steady climb today and have a look at the world around you, Sagittarius. Enjoy a night out with friends and take an active role in the conversation. You'll find that the more socializing you do, the more you'll be able to release some of the tension that you might not even realize you have. Get the energy moving again. Take an active role in keeping up with the beat.

And: “You may find your brain buzzing like a beehive today. This is good. There is a great deal of information that you need to process at this time. Have you been thinking about buying some new electronic equipment or small appliances for your home? Now is a great time to do a bit of research on this project before you go out and lay down your credit card. Use this day to gather facts.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Knight of Swords.  This Knight is the one who always jumps right in so he can defend his beliefs.  He depends on his mind (which is sharp as a sword) instead of his heart when he makes decisions, and he can be a bit domineering, but he makes an impressive leader.  That sword has two edges though, so he needs to be aware of his tendency to control.

Yesterday’s cards: Ace of Cups reversed/Six of Swords reversed. The Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) in an upright position tells of the potentials available to me for experiencing deep emotions, a connection to my Inner Voice, compassion for myself or others, attunements and connections.  My Ace is reversed, so perhaps an inner focus will not work well for me; might be too easy for me to end up in a bad place.  The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective).  Because my Six is reversed, I am being told that the workings of my mind may not work so well today either.  I may need to second-guess any bad feelings I have and I should make certain that I don’t take anything too personally.

My Thoth card is the Five of Cups.  The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) tells of an emotional setback or a lack of support.  “Disappointment” is Crowley’s keyword, and it works.  Stirring up the calm waters of the Four of Cups can at least temporarily dredge up some sludge; better to give the waters a bit of time to clear before looking into them.

My Legacy card is the Knight of Cups reversed, flavored by the Nine of Coins reversed. Knight of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about feeling things strongly and about dreaming, and about the imagination.  But my Knight is reversed today, fitting with today’s theme of uncomfortable and perhaps unjustified emotions. The Nine of Coins (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) tells of accomplishment through the imposition of discipline.  My Nine is reversed, and flavoring my Knight of Cups, and I think I am being told that a good, grounded focus may very well help this mental/emotional imbalance. 

My Pearls of Wisdom Full Moon card is The Moon reversed.  LOL, cute; reversed Moon for Full Moon. The Moon corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same), Pisces (“I believe,” feeling, suffering, soul growth, duality), Qof (the back of the head), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and talks about the imagination, perception, and fear of the unknown.  Imagination can be helpful and it can be harmful, and oh boy, looks like for the next couple of weeks I am going to need to be veeeery careful about my feelings and the workings of my mind.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Nine of Pentacles.  Hmmmm . . . this card has been showing up a lot lately, both upright and reversed.  The Nine of Pentacles is about being attuned to the world of Nature, and it is about taking that attunement and bringing it to a higher place.  There are all kinds of opportunities to enjoy the natural beauty around us, and to feed our senses.  This card reminds us to make use of our senses and our solitude in a more refined manner.

My cards seem to be indicating either an emotional imbalance or a mental imbalance, or both.  I am doing my best to stay happy, to keep active, and to not eat or drink too much. 

Fireworks tonight, if it does not rain.  Happy Fourth of July!!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment