Friday, July 13, 2012


Nine of Cups/The Hermit reversed.  The Nine of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about emotional satisfaction and the ability to find pleasure in my feelings and in my expectations for the day.  This is one of the nice cards of the deck; after all, the number 9 is about completeness (not completion!) of experience, and the suit of Cups is about feelings and emotions, so this one is a good card.  The Nine of Cups is called the wish card because of the sense or perception of bounty associated with it.  However, we do need to remember to be careful what we wish for, because we just might get it! The Hermit corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, practical and stable energy that is slow to change), as well as Virgo (“I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented, orderly), Yod (open hand, touch), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured), and is about searching within for a deeper meaning.  I do like The Hermit even if the concept that he presents can be a bit uncomfortable.  However, my Hermit is reversed, so for today, I might do better if I don’t isolate myself.  This means that I get to enjoy the good feelings of the Nine of Cups, without guilt.  Oh Kay!

My Thoth card is The Star reversed.  “Find thou thyself in every Star.” The Star (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Aquarius; Qof, back of head; the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and outer, physical reality, and Netzach, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) is the “good will to all” card.  The Star is about optimism and faith, and it is a reminder that spiritual insight is always available, even if it seems that circumstances are conspiring against us.  There may be disappointments today, but I need to remember that even if things don’t go as planned, there is always a silver lining.

My Legacy card is the Four of Swords reversed, flavored by the Four of Wands reversed.  Two reversed 4’s!  The number 4 is about depth and stability, which can at times be a good thing, as long as we don’t strive to maintain the quiet of the number 4 beyond its usefulness. The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) in an upright position can represent a pause or truce, but that’s not what I need today.  This day just might be more about adjustment rather than truce!  The Four of Wands (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, enthusiastic) in an upright position is about building enough to become established, or celebrating the successful efforts of the Three of Wands.  My Four of Wands is reversed, and it is flavoring my reversed Four of Swords; we might not be celebrating accomplishments today, but we should be able to make the necessary adjustments so things keep moving in the right direction. 

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability, but also of increased potential for stagnation. 

My horoscopes: “You're likely to face conflicting reports today, Sagittarius. Information may be tainted with emotion, so be careful about going with the choice that shouts the loudest. You may be getting secretly pigeonholed into a place where you don't want to be. Heed the internal warnings you receive. This is a good day to do things passionately. Take care of any detective work that needs doing.”

And: “A day like today should give you the perfect demonstration of an old truth: people quickly forget the difficulties they have had in life and remember periods of happiness for a long time. You will be brimming with energy. The question now is: what are you going to do with it? There are many domains you could spend your energy on: you pretty much have to start from scratch.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Knight of Swords.  This is a card of honesty and openness taken to the extreme.  Is that a good thing?  It may be, if the Knight is the rescuer, but he can be a bit too big for his britches, or he can act too quickly.

Today is Friday the 13th, a day that even my husband sees as unlucky.  To me, however, it is a good day.  I love Fridays, because they are filled with the potential of the rest of the weekend, and to me, the number 13 is a good one.  Actually, 3 + 1 = 4, the number of depth and stability, so I am going to enjoy this day.

I will be shortly beginning my next task.  Once I finish up on this round of the alchemic Great Work, I am going to explore astrology.  It will be interesting to see where this exploration leads me!

Oh, and I heard from my publisher at Luna Station Quarterly; my book on The Emerald Tablet is moving along nicely!  Watch for the release date, soon!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment