Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Chariot reversed/Ace of Cups. The Chariot, which corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, emotional and imaginative energy that likes to stay the same or follow the same course), Cancer (“I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody), Cheth (the fence), and the Path between Geburah (the place where forms and structure are challenged or affirmed) and Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure), tells of having the control necessary to focus on goals, and to avoid distractions. My Chariot is reversed, and since we are in the midst of another heat wave, this card really does make sense to me.  I am having a bit of trouble with the heat this summer; nothing terrible physically, but my brain gets foggy. The Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells of the potentials available to me for experiencing deep emotions, a connection to my Inner Voice, compassion for myself or others, attunements and connections.  This makes me happy, because I may be sweaty and sticky and foggy, but I’m not irritable or crabby or cranky.  This means that I just might be able to find some silver lining in all this heat.

My Thoth card is the Princess of Cups.  Another upright Cups card! The Princess/Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) is very emotional, dreamy, social, and connected to the inner voice.  This card offers a somewhat immature version of the Queen of Cups, and because of the nature of Cups cards and their connections to emotions and instincts and inner messages, that immaturity can be a good thing.  It can allow us to believe, the way a child believes, without analyzing.  My Princess is reminding me to do this today.

My Legacy card is the Queen of Wands reversed, flavored by Faith/The Hierophant. The Queen of Wands (cusp of Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality, and Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) is energetic and enthusiastic, gives 100% of herself, and always has a smile on her face and humor in her heart.  My Queen is reversed today, however, so I do need to be aware that I could have a tendency to be a bit stubborn today, or may end up burning myself out, a real possibility with all this heat. The Hierophant corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes), Taurus (“I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn), Vau (the nail which holds tradition in place), and the Path between Chesed (the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured), and Chokmah (dynamic male energy, the origin of vital force and polarity), is usually quite easily able to change the world to fit his beliefs.  This card tells me that beliefs and cultures and traditions are important today, as is being both a teacher and a student (with the higher good of the group always in mind).  But this could be an uncomfortable combination.  After all, we have the possibility for stubbornness or becoming burnt out, being flavored by an appreciation for tradition and a need to share it with others.  Fundamentalist alert!!

My 6-digit date number is 9, the number of completeness of manifestation and experience.

My Horoscopes: “A male friend could introduce you to people from foreign countries or people who have traveled a lot. They might have valuable information that you could use later. This information could also help you finish old projects that have been waiting to be done. Your eye for detail is especially acute, Sagittarius. Make notes of interesting facts even if they don't apply right now. You'll make good use of them later.

And: “You may be in quite a party mode today. Feel free to be open and social with the people around you. Take off on a wild adventure that quenches your thirst for spontaneity and fun. Stay up extra late and talk with a friend you haven't seen for quite some time. The time to live is now. Make the most of every moment of your life.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Ten of Pentacles.  This card is about experiencing rewards that come to us because we’ve kept our nose to the grindstone and continued to do the necessary work and learn the necessary skills over the long term, to the point that this focus has become habit.  Of course, once we reach the point that something which used to require effort becomes second nature, we very quickly need to begin reaching for the next level, and I will, but for now, I am going to enjoy what I’ve already accomplished.  Tomorrow, I will begin the process again and aim high.

Hear me, four quarters of the world - a relative I am! Give me the strength to walk the soft earth, a relative to all that is! Give me the eyes to see and the strength to understand, that I may be like you. With your power only can I face the winds.” - Black Elk.  For some reason, this quote is resonating deeply for me today.  Maybe because I am winding up this cycle of the alchemic Great Work, and thus I am taking inventory of who I am and what I have accomplished. 

The heat has been both an issue and a blessing for me.  It has been an issue because my brain seems to fog up when it gets this hot.  I have trouble focusing on details, and I have trouble taking the first step to begin any task that requires me to be more focused than “on autopilot.”  Once I take that first step, I really do clear up somewhat, but taking that first step when it is hot and I am dripping sweat is truly herculean. 

However, this heat has offered me at least one blessing: I have formed the habit of getting up early to exercise before the heat of the day.  I am a “recovering Kapha,” and for me, the best thing I can do to balance my doshas is to get up early and exercise, first thing.  It really does set the entire tone for my day, for how I feel, and for what I eat (or more importantly, what I don’t eat). 

Now, I am most definitely not a morning person, either in the cold, snuggly dark of winter or the momentarily cool early morning light of the pre-dog day summer.  But because it has been so very warm, I’ve been making myself get up early, as early as **gasp** 7 am, to do my bike ride or my walk.  And guess what? I love this time of the morning!  Don’t get me wrong; if it is rainy I will stay snuggled in my bed, but it just doesn’t rain much in July and August around here. 

Granted, my brain is still foggy by mid-afternoon, and I’ve been going to bed earlier than usual, but my body feels great!!  And the stronger I feel and the deeper a connection to my subtle body I forge, the more connected I feel to the world around me.  LOL, still a foggy heat-soaked brain, but my energy field feels alive and powerful.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment