Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Six of Swords reversed/Ace of Swords reversed.  The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective).  Because my Six is reversed, I may not be real good at mixing logic and intuition today, and the journey from negative to positive may not go smoothly.  I may need to second-guess any bad feelings I have and I should make certain that I don’t take anything too personally. The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) is about potential within the mental or intellectual realms.  The power associated with this card in an upright position is not of the natural realm, but since my Ace is reversed, working with my Will may not be real easy; better that I have a more grounded focus.

My Thoth card is the Princess of Cups reversed. The Princess/Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) is very emotional, dreamy, social, and connected to the inner voice.  My Princess/Page is reversed however, and so there might be a bit of selfishness or immaturity laced into the emotions, dreams and connection.

My Legacy card is the Five of Coins reversed, flavored by Strength. The Five of Coins (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) traditional image shows a woman and a child, one of them injured in some way, travelling in the cold wind, with a church window behind them.  This card in an upright position tells of the loss of financial or physical world security that might be a bit humbling, but because my Five of Coins is reversed, the spiritual fulfillment will be greater than the need. The Strength card (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic energy; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical; Teth, sieve or basket, digestion; and the Path between Geburah, the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed, and Chesed, the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured) is flavoring my reversed Five of Coins; it tells of emotional endurance and control, and of being able to even rise above disturbing emotions in order to manifest both courage and patience.  Yessss!

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a new creation out of the potential and position of the Ace, and the balance, polarity, and understanding of the concept of “distance between” of the number 2.

My horoscopes: “Take time out from your work today and relax a little, Sagittarius. Let your romantic nature have some fun and don't feel guilty about not being as serious as you think you should be. The winner of the day is the one who can smile the most, so enter this contest with the intent of coming out on top. The rewards will last a long time. Those you encounter won't be able to help smiling back.

And: “Move right in for the kill today, and don't stop until you have made a successful slaughter. Don't let other people's insecurities become your insecurities. Have confidence in yourself and the way you conduct yourself around others. Just because someone else is feeling sad, doesn't mean that you have to as well just to make them feel better. The best thing you can do for the situation is turn it around by exhibiting sheer happiness and a fun-loving attitude.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Nine of Pentacles.  This is such a lovely card, and it tells of a lovely time that is created and manifested through disciplined efforts that are usually performed in a solitary and self-sufficient manner.  While the manifestation of the Nine of Pentacles is found in the physical world, it is attained by creating and maintaining a balance between that physical world and the realms of spirit and the Sacred, or at the very least, our personal ethical code and our Higher Self.

I am striving to get back to my routine, after the double distractions of a vacation and a heat wave.  I feel good because through my efforts to keep a bit of discipline in play, I have managed to maintain the status quo, but now it is time to start making progress again.

Both of my horoscopes seem to be saying “don’t worry; be happy” today.  Interesting that my Touchstones daily meditation mentions fun, as well.  “Creative play involves trusting that every activity doesn’t need a worthy goal, doesn’t need to be planned out.”  Now there is an interesting challenge! Not planning, not having a goal.  Interesting!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment