Friday, June 29, 2012

Nine of Swords reversed/Three of Cups reversed.  The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  If this card was upright, it could be indicating a lonely time filled with worries, probably about things I couldn’t change anyway.  But my card is reversed, so I don’t think this kind of worry is going to be a large part of my day, and maybe I won’t even be worried that I’m gonna worry.  **wink**  The Three of Cups (Mercury, reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) in an upright position is about connections, and about blessings.  My Three of Cups is also reversed, and I think this is one of those times where the literal yet simple interpretation is the correct one.  I am giving myself a bit of a “spa weekend,” at least until Sunday morning.  I am alone because I’ve chosen to be alone; I know those connections are still there, and I will be availing myself of them on Sunday evening.  Until then, no worries!

My Thoth card is the Knight of Disks.  Again, my Thoth card is the only upright card thrown today.  The Knight of Disks (cusp of Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) tells of persistence to the point of being stubborn, and caution to the point of being boring. This Knight brings a huge amount of energy yet he focuses that energy on practical matters rather than those that will make him appear the hero.  And yet, he can be depended on to see his tasks completed with efficiency and responsibility.  With all these reversed cards around him, my Knight of Disks continues on diligently, following his plan and ignoring all the distractions.

My Legacy card is The Sun reversed, flavored by the Six of Swords reversed.  The Sun corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), our Sun (the inner core of a person or situation), Resh (the face; reason), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest in the physical world) and Hod (provides analysis and communication), and tells of a time of enlightenment.  I am hoping that my Sun is reversed because its energies are approaching but not yet here.  The Sun is a powerful symbol of the manifestation of fertility, of the ability to achieve goals, and of the peak of power.  And yet, the Summer Solstice is just passed; another reason for The Sun to be reversed. The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective).  Because this Six is also reversed, it is telling me that the renewal and healing that can come to us from our Sun is not yet available to me.  But both cards are there, even if they are reversed.  The time is not yet here for me to shine, or for me to move into the next phase, but soon!

My 6-digit date number is 2, the number of balance, polarity, and the concept of “space between.”

My horoscopes: “Enjoy yourself today, Sagittarius. You have a great deal to be grateful for, so give thanks. Take pride in all that you've accomplished so far and share your joy with others. Feel free to let go of the reins and sit back and get comfortable. You've worked hard for a reason. If you don't enjoy life now, when are you going to do it? Take time to be with loved ones tonight.

And: “The trajectory you shot for yesterday may be running into a couple snags today. You may find that your dreamy nature is running into conflicts with that which is planned and steady. This conflict of interests may be creating some tension that will be difficult to work with. Your emotions are apt to deceive you today, so try not to get pulled off course by a passing whim. Try to keep your feelings well grounded.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Knight of Cups.  This Knight is the poet, the artist, the musician, the idealist, and the romantic, all rolled into one.  He is searching for true love, and I think he really does believe he will find it.  And so he shall, because his heart is pure and honest and faithful. 

Happy Friday!  It was a steamer today, and yet here I am, in Cape May, having a peaceful evening.  I took a walk through town once I arrived, the three-quarter moon glistening above the ocean.  Summer is here!  There are people everywhere, and the houses are lit.  Laughter can be heard as people sit on their porches, and I got occasional glimpses of families still sitting around their dining room tables.

Tomorrow, I am hoping to get up early and go for a bike ride, and then I will spend the day in my beloved garden.  Oh, and I can see four baby robins in our nest, already covered with dark feathers.  Last week I could only see the tip of one beak, now all four heads bob and weave with their mouths optimistically gaping, hoping for a bit of dinner, each time mom or dad comes to the nest.  Cool!!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment