Sunday, June 17, 2012

Transparent Oracle Sunday!  As always, the question is “What do I need to know?”  I threw three cards, as follows:

11, Gateway: Summer (South).  South is the direction of the midday sun and the peak of power and illumination; this direction is associated with passionate drive and creativity.  This Gateway is about warmth and bounty, abundance and blessing, passion and wealth.  How lovely that this card shows up now, while the moon is dark and Litha is around the corner.

18, Guide: Horse (South).  Horse is directly connected to the sun; in many cultures, the sun is represented by a chariot being pulled across the sky by a set of horses.  This card is about movement and travel and transition, but it is also about restlessness. 

35, Landscape: Forest (North). North is the direction of Earth, and thus of the physical or physically formed or manifested world, and of nurturing, health, finances and security, and the wisdom associated with living simply, being well-grounded, and being in touch with our physical body.  Forest is about patience and a strong foundation; it reminds me that goals need nurturing and they need time to grow. 

I then created my mandala.  Horse is surrounded by green, the green of the Gateway of Summer and the green of the Forest.  Is Horse being penned in by all this abundance and lush growth?  No, I don’t think so.  I think the surrounding green is easing Horse’s restless nature.  Instead of being flighty, Horse is waiting patiently for me, so that our Journey may begin.

These are interesting symbols, considering that I am attending a Shamonic Fire Ceremony tonight with my much-loved Pagan Brain Trust.

Here are my updates for the Spring Fitness Challenge.  I think this is the last week!!

Earth rules the entire physical world and all of its manifestations.  To me, Earth represents not only the physiological operations of our bodies, but the physical world around me.  Ayurveda is helping me immensely, and I am liking the way I am feeling.  I can enjoy my time moving about even more now, because I am stronger and healthier than I have been in a long time.

Air rules the mind, the intellect, thinking, and air and the act of breathing and all effects associated with breathing.  I am continuing to work on breathing exercises while visualizing toxins being expelled on my exhalations.  I have noticed a gradual change in my awareness and in my connection to my own Will.

Fire rules passion, courage, the life force and the Will, and movement of all kinds and all effects associated with movement.  I am walking regularly, doing my morning stretch/Yoga session regularly, and doing lots of beach walking on weekends.  I feel strong, ready to challenge myself a bit.

Water rules emotions and feelings and all effects associated with emotions and feelings, and for our purposes Water will also be about cleansing, flushing and purifying.  The warm weather of Summer is finally here, and I am making extra certain that I keep myself hydrated.  My mood is good; I feel content.

And it appears I have lost another pound! My grand total is 7 pounds.  Not tons of weight, but I do believe I have made some good changes in my lifestyle.  I will continue weighing in each week, and posting the results on Sundays.  We shall see . . . .

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment