Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Magician reversed/Ace of Swords reversed. The Magician corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick and animated energy which usually presents problems or challenges), Mercury (reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication), Beth (house; builder) and the Path between Binah (female, receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Kether (the source, limitless possibility); he takes action with confidence and is willing to work hard to manifest his goals. This card is about cunningness and occult wisdom, but it is also about individuality.  My Magician is reversed, so no matter what, individuality is not recommended today.  The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) is about potential within the mental or intellectual realms.  The power associated with this card is not of the natural realm, but rather it is created and maintained by the Will.  Like my Magician, my Ace is reversed, so the Will should not be my main focus; this validates the reversed Magician.

My Thoth card is The Hanging Man. The Hanging Man corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and emotional, sensitive and imaginative energy that tends to move deep, and attempts to take the same path as in the past), Neptune (inspiration, spirituality, magick, enchantment, dreams, altered states), and the Hebrew letter Mem (water, stability and balance, the reflective quality of thought); this card is about surrender, about seeing things in a new way, and about putting aside my Will.  And yep, that is exactly what my first two cards are telling me to do.  The Hanging Man tells me that sacrifice is important, as is seeing things in a totally different way.  And, this card is about pausing or consciously choosing to not act.

My Legacy card is Strength, flavored by Temperance reversed.  This pair makes sense. The Strength card (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic energy; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical; Teth, sieve or basket, digestion; and the Path between Geburah, the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed, and Chesed, the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured) tells of emotional endurance and control, and of being able to even rise above the emotions in order to manifest both courage and patience. Temperance corresponds with Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Samekh (the tent post), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world of action and outer reality) and Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify), and like The Hanging Man, it is one of the Major Arcana cards that presents the concept of dynamic balance.  Because Temperance is reversed, it may not be balance that is important today.  I just might be able to learn some valuable information from watching the manifestation of extremes.  “Watching” being the important word.

My Pearls of Wisdom New Moon card is The Star.  Well, that is certainly a lovely New Moon card! The Star (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Aquarius; Qof, back of head; the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and outer, physical reality, and Netzach, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) is the “good will to all” card.  This one is optimistic, and it tells me to look forward, to pay things forward, and to manifest love, and I will be surrounded by love.

My 6-digit date number is 10, the number that represents the end of a cycle, which reduces further to 1, the number of potential, possibilities, and position.

My horoscopes:  “You're organized and rigorous, Sagittarius. You plan everything. But with today's energy, you'll be inclined to let the day go by without keeping to a tight schedule. After all, not every day has to be a workday. You can worry easily, but don't let this get you down. Follow the people around you. They'll teach you to see the world differently. You'll even think about new ways to organize your life.

And: “The possibility of your pursuing new career opportunities, perhaps involving an increase in income, might cause doubts and insecurities among family members. They could be afraid that you'll have less and less time for them. It's important that you reassure them, as their worries might escalate if you just let it ride. Make it clear that you're still there for them. This might not only alleviate their doubts, but your own as well.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Five of Swords.  This card is a sign of discord and conflicts of interest.  Being warned of the presence of these things helps us to rise above them.  There are winners and there are losers in every conflict, but the lesson here is that victories that are achieved through unethical means are empty indeed.

I have had an awesome two days.  Sunday night, I went to a Solstice Shamanistic Fire Ceremony, led by people that I know and respect, including a member of the Pagan Brain Trust.  This was an important Fire Ceremony for a couple of reasons.  First, it was the first ceremony in the new space of the Yoga Studio which hosts the ceremonies.  Second, the torch was passed from the long-time leader of the program to one of my much-loved Pagan Brain Trust-ers. Third, all five of the Pagan Brain Trust members (including one member who lives in California) were present for the ceremony. Needless to say, the ceremony was more powerful than I expected, and I expected a lot. 

Monday morning, I was up and out again, and the five of us drove into New York State for an awesome day.  We passed Hawks Nest, and then travelled up to the Finger Lakes District, to Watkins Glen.  There is a state park there called the Watkins Glen State Park, and oh my goodness, is that name an understatement.  Within this park is the path of the Glen Creek, which runs through the most gorgeous gorge I have ever seen.

The gorge is just under 500 feet deep, but the trail travels a mile and a half along and across the stream to the top.  The water churns below, sometimes flat and shallow and hardly moving, sometimes rocketing through a "slide" that looks to be less than 2 feet wide.  All over the place are sinkholes in the water (LOL, I was calling them hot tubs), where the water goes from a foot or two deep to five feet or more, made by past waterfalls and by huge ice age boulders being swept down the stream.  There are several places where the path takes you behind and under waterfalls.

All over the sides of the gorge are ferns and flowers and trees, and trickling streams of water camouflaging hidden grottos; it was as if we had stumbled into another realm, a Shangri La of NY State.  There was such a strong sense of the Fae, but I was so overwhelmed by the Fae energy, the elemental energy, and the sheer beauty around me that I couldn't focus.  I was just absorbing, playing the movie camera in my brain.  

I wish this was not a 4 hour plus drive from me because I would love to get back there and just sit. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment