Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Five of Wands/Eight of Cups.  The Five of Wands, which corresponds with Saturn (discipline, responsibility, law and order) in Leo (“I am, passionate, dramatic, egotistical), indicates a struggle caused by annoying cross purposes.  This card is reminding me that while every event that is clamoring for my attention may be equal in value or urgency, I can only address one at a time.  It is up to me to set priorities!  The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) tells of an ending or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions.  This card is reminding me that sometimes the best thing to do is to just walk away from an emotionally charged situation.  Oh boy, do I understand these two cards.

My Thoth card is the Prince of Cups reversed.  The Prince/Knight of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about feeling things strongly and about dreaming, and about the imagination.  Because my Prince/Knight is reversed today, I may be dealing with unbalanced feelings.  Ya think?!  I need to be cautious because a lack of clarity could nudge me towards manifesting the ugly extremes of this card.  No wild ideas or flights of fancy for me today,

My Legacy card is Death, flavored by the Seven of Wands.  Wow!  The Death card corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, imaginative energy that strives to stay the same or take the same course), Scorpio, Nun (fish head; liberation), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and tells of natural change that cannot be stopped.  Death is reminding me today that I need to move forward and release the past.  Sound familiar?  The Seven of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, natural leader, egotistical, selfish) is flavoring my Death card, and it is a significant card for me in its own right, besides its traditional meaning.  This is a card of assertion, of being sure of what I stand for, and it tells me that I should go for what I want.  I need to walk up to the gateway and present myself for entry, with calmness and confidence; I won’t know if I can pass the test until I try.

My 6-digit date number is 11 (Archangel Uriel), which reduces further to 2, the number of balance, polarity and “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “How about changing roles today, Sagittarius? It's true that you aren't one for idle chat. You prefer taking action rather than talking about grandiose ideas that never go anywhere. Yet today you may actually feel like discussing things in depth. The stars' alignments are bringing out this other side of you, so take advantage of the energy. Other people will be grateful, since they've been waiting a long time for this day.”

And: “Someone who lives near you whom you may not have said much to before may suddenly strike up a conversation with you that could result in a new friendship. You could find yourself wondering why you didn't speak to this person before. They could share a number of your interests, and because of that, some interesting group activities could be brought to your attention. The only caution: don't push too hard, and don't over-idealize your new friend.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding The Chariot.  I do understand this one perfectly, and the message is specific to me.  Today is one of those days when I’ve gotta keep control of my emotions, because I am a bit irritable.  If I don’t keep a firm hand on the reigns I will end up moving in a direction that I don’t want to.  This is truly walking a tightrope for me, and I could fall into either side of the rope very easily.  But I have the skill and the strength (and the patience!) to survive.

Whenever the weather suddenly becomes hazy, hot, and humid, I become irritable.  The irritability is truly “Five of Wands” in nature, but it is so volatile that I can end up truly angry or crumpled and in tears at the drop of a hat.  And to complicate matters, I have “turnsta” today.  Everything I touch “turnsta” dog poop; the internet is on-again-off-again, I keep dropping things, and I can’t seem to type.

The other issue for me on days like this is that I have no willpower, and in fact, I just keep craving all those comfort foods that I just should not be eating.  Between the food cravings and the irritability, my skin is positively crawling.  I am trying to keep myself very hydrated, and LOL, I keep taking deep calming breaths.

Perhaps this irritation is a good thing.  At the very least, I am acknowledging that it takes me a day or two to get comfortable with heat and humidity.  How else can I control my reaction to the three H’s (hazy, hot, humid) if I don’t own that reaction?  My cards today are offering lots of pertinent advice; I think I will listen to them.

Today is the Summer Solstice and the Sabbat of Litha, which celebrates the longest day, the beginning of Summer, and the peak of the Waxing Year.  Granted, the warm weather will probably intensify (**shudders with horror**), and at the very least will continue for weeks to come, but soon enough we will begin to sense the shortening of the days. 

Perhaps this is a day that I should be focusing on my physical body and its workings, including my digestion and food cravings. 

Litha Blessings!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment