Sunday, June 3, 2012

Yay! Transparent Oracle Sunday!  As always, the question of the day is “What do I need to know?”  I threw the following cards:

16, Guide: Snake (South). South is the direction of the midday sun and the peak of power and illumination; this direction is associated with passionate drive and creativity.  Snake has powerful symbolism in our world; it is seen to represent many medical/healing modalities, and the Kundalini energy.  Snake corresponds with the dragon, and is seen as a mundane representation of that mythical beast.  Because Snake can shed its skin and appear renewed, it is associated with healing, fertility, regeneration and rebirth.  Snake can access places that would be out of reach for most of us, and so Snake can share both knowledge and wisdom.  However, the knowledge and wisdom owned and shared by Snake is neutral, and we need to be careful what we choose to do with what we learn.  Eve learned that lesson in the Garden of Eden.

29, Guide: Turtle (West). West is the direction of Water, and thus, of feelings and emotions, relationships of all kinds, cleansing and healing, the wisdom associated with natural endings, and the bubbling up of pure joy.  The Turtle is associated with protection and strength (a turtle has a hard shell), longevity and endurance (a turtle is an old life form), and with the ability to survive in different forms and in different environments.  Turtles lay their eggs on dry land, yet when the eggs hatch, the hatchlings are guided by powerful instincts to the aquatic world in which they will live out their days. 

15, Landscape: Desert (South).  Desert is one of the harshest and barren of landscapes, and yet life still survives there.  Living in the Desert is challenging, and requires us to adapt to a demanding environment; it is our perception of our situation, though, that is important.  Are we experiencing an adventure?  Or have we been thrust into a severe and heartless world?  If we choose correctly, we will end up experiencing a unique beauty.

Next, I created a mandala.  This one was pretty simple to me!  Turtle and Snake appeared as one, as if Turtle was standing on Snake or Snake was riding Turtle.  Whatever the case, they are working together to not only survive but also to prosper, even though they were surrounded by what appeared to be an unfriendly or even hostile environment.  This survival and prosperity is being accomplished through not only a balanced health (with the subtle body being addressed as well as the physical body) but also by using the knowledge and wisdom attained through ding the Work, through getting into those difficult places that not every person can enter.  And these difficult places are mostly not of the physical world, although the gateways to them might be.  Cool!

Here are my updates for the Spring Fitness Challenge:

Earth rules the entire physical world and all of its manifestations.  To me, Earth represents not only the physiological operations of our bodies, but the physical world around me.  Ayurveda is helping me immensely, and I am continuing to learn about each of the Gunas.  The cool thing is that by learning, I am also discovering how my individual bodily systems work, and why I feel good, or bad.  LOL, we are what we eat.

Air rules the mind, the intellect, thinking, and air and the act of breathing and all effects associated with breathing.  I am continuing to work on breathing exercises while visualizing toxins being expelled on my exhalations.  I am working with breathing when I feel tired or disconnected, and I am also trying to breathe with awareness while I am exercising.

Fire rules passion, courage, the life force and the Will, and movement of all kinds and all effects associated with movement.  I am walking regularly, doing my morning stretch/Yoga session regularly, and doing lots of beach walking on weekends.  This weekend, I am doing some cleaning, and I am spending some hours in my beloved garden.

Water rules emotions and feelings and all effects associated with emotions and feelings, and for our purposes Water will also be about cleansing, flushing and purifying.  I’ve been drinking lots of water; I had a powerful reminder this week about just how important water is.  Tuesday was the first hazy, hot and humid day, and I did not hydrate myself enough, thus I ended up feeling horrible by the end of the day.   It took me until Wednesday evening to feel back to normal again.  Drink water!

I stepped onto the scale without an expectation of progress.  I am in a plateau, but I really am not having a problem with this.  Because I am exercising, eating well, and drinking lots of fluids, I seem to be loosing inches.  So, I am allowing the scale to take its time.  That being said, I lost ½ a pound!!

I am heading out to buy some freshly baked artisan bread, and then heading back out into my garden.  Another lovely day!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment