Sunday, June 10, 2012

Transparent Oracle Sunday!  As always, the question is “What do I need to know?”  I threw three cards, as follows:

37, Guide: Raven (North). North is the direction of Earth, and thus of the physical or physically formed or manifested world, and of nurturing, health, finances and security, and the wisdom associated with living simply, being well-grounded, and being in touch with our physical body.  Raven is a clever bird, often portrayed as a trickster.  Raven is also known for assisting us in the transformation from one realm to another, and known as a skilled communicator.

5, Landscape: Mountains (East). East is the direction of the rising sun, and thus of new beginnings and fresh ideas, as well as knowledge, intellectual ideas and thoughts.  Mountains tells us that our goals are in sight, but there will still need to be strength, skill and perseverance before accessing that goal.  Mountains also allow us to rise up above the chaos, confusion and noise of our mundane world in order to experience peace and solitude.

45, Mars (Above). The direction of Above takes us up and out of the four traditional elements of Air, Fire, Water and Earth, and reminds us that we are but a small part of the Cosmos.  Above also reminds us that while the Machinery of the Universe is huge, it does have an effect on each of us, and each of us is an important part of the workings of that Machinery. Mars is about drive, energy, passion, and the masculine gender (outer and active).  Of course, this powerful energy can also manifest in a not-so-pleasant way, as bad tempers and irritability, aggression, and even violence.  Mars corresponds with Tuesday.

I then created my mandala.  The first thing I noticed was that Mountain seemed to be keeping Raven focused toward the symbol for Mars at the center of the entire mandala.  However, the reverse holds true; Raven and the Mountains could very well be controlling the energy and passion of Mars!  Mountains can teach us how to control that energy and passion, how to use patience to temper their effects.  Raven is the wild card here, LOL.  Pun intended.  I think I am being told to use cleverness and patience, keep my eye on the goal, and take controlled action.

Here are my updates for the Spring Fitness Challenge:

Earth rules the entire physical world and all of its manifestations.  To me, Earth represents not only the physiological operations of our bodies, but the physical world around me.  Ayurveda is helping me immensely, and I am continuing to learn about each of the Gunas, and applying what I am learning, with good results as far as the workings of my body.

Air rules the mind, the intellect, thinking, and air and the act of breathing and all effects associated with breathing.  I am continuing to work on breathing exercises while visualizing toxins being expelled on my exhalations.  When I feel lethargy creeping in, I go for a walk, or do a few stretches.  So far, so good.

Fire rules passion, courage, the life force and the Will, and movement of all kinds and all effects associated with movement.  I am walking regularly, doing my morning stretch/Yoga session regularly, and doing lots of beach walking on weekends.  This weekend, I have a guest who is very active, so I expect to be out and about quite a bit.

Water rules emotions and feelings and all effects associated with emotions and feelings, and for our purposes Water will also be about cleansing, flushing and purifying.  I’ve learned the hard way to keep drinking water, and I am also trying to time things better.  No cold drinks during meals!

And the scale?  Another half pound, for a grand total of 6 pounds!

Yay, me!

We had two absolutely beautiful beach days this weekend.  The water was actually 76 degrees!  That’s August temperatures!  Right now, we are cooking dinner, then we are going for a bit of ice cream.  A treat for myself, because I was good this weekend.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment